Mid-

silent = listen
O.G.
Mar 18, 2007
Hi there, roochyroo!!

Is this the one you are looking for?
attachment.php

If so, I chatted about it here a bit.

And here is a little more chat about it in the chat thread.

HTH!

roochyroo

Feb 12, 2008
Yes! Thats it!!!!! My saga is as follows: I had the regular cervo hobo (mushy, yummy, body hugging) in elephant and had a weird stain on the front so I returned it to saks. I then bought the sloane in elephant... Loooved it and after 10 or so wears, the corners completely rubbed off and were left as white. So again, returned it. I want to buy a BV and I truly don't love the classic veneta at all. Was thinking about getting the cervo hobo in black this time npbut I haven't seen it in person and to be honest, I don't think it has the wow factor. I just tried the cervo seam shoulder bag and I think I really liked the look but am concerned it is just so big that it will be heavy and that the handle will hurt. Was this just not a popular bag?

nycshopa

Nov 7, 2009
Yes! Thats it!!!!! My saga is as follows: I had the regular cervo hobo (mushy, yummy, body hugging) in elephant and had a weird stain on the front so I returned it to saks. I then bought the sloane in elephant... Loooved it and after 10 or so wears, the corners completely rubbed off and were left as white. So again, returned it. I want to buy a BV and I truly don't love the classic veneta at all. Was thinking about getting the cervo hobo in black this time npbut I haven't seen it in person and to be honest, I don't think it has the wow factor. I just tried the cervo seam shoulder bag and I think I really liked the look but am concerned it is just so big that it will be heavy and that the handle will hurt. Was this just not a popular bag?

You wore it 10 times with rubbed corners and was still able to return it? wow!

Mid-

silent = listen
O.G.
Mar 18, 2007
Yay, I got it right! I don't know if it's particularly popular or not, and I don't know about the wow factor either. (I certainly said "Wow!!" when I saw it at the boutique though.:biggrin:) It's a really big bag and if I remember correctly it almost touched the floor when I hand-carried it (I'm 5'3.5").

Sorry about your cervo hobo and sloane. Hope you find your perfect BV. Can you see this bag in person somehow?

nycshopa

Nov 7, 2009
Yay, I got it right! I don't know if it's particularly popular or not, and I don't know about the wow factor either. (I certainly said "Wow!!" when I saw it at the boutique though.:biggrin:) It's a really big bag and if I remember correctly it almost touched the floor when I hand-carried it (I'm 5'3.5").

Sorry about your cervo hobo and sloane. Hope you find your perfect BV. Can you see this bag in person somehow?

I usually go WOW! when I see special techniques bags or LE bags :biggrin:

nycshopa

Nov 7, 2009
Ur absolutely right. I guess the sales person agreed that for $2400 the corners of the bag should have held up better. I baby my bags so much that my kids tell me I'm nicer to the bags than I am to them!

It's also amazing that Saks has such good service. Definitely not the SAKS I am used to, I prefer *some* designer boutiques so much over it. Which saks was this at?

jeshika

I want this one! <3
O.G.
Jul 18, 2006
roochy, i think the cervo tote is gorgeous! i saw a lady try it on in a boutique in milan and it looked fab on her. she was pretty tall so it didn't overwhelm her so i think if you are vertically blessed, it will look great on you.

point to note though - some ladies have reported having trouble with the cervo material flaking. if you do a search, you should be able to find posts about it.

and i have noticed that BV corners are particularly delicate... maybe because of the softness of deerskin? my mom's campana corners (deerskin) showed some signs of wear pretty quickly but i don't have the same problem with my venetas (deerskin) or my ottone sloane (maybe because of the treatment of the ottone makes it a little tougher).

look at me rambling on! i hope it helps a little!!