extending the strap of a Zoe?

fly_girl007

Jun 24, 2009
Have any of you ladies with a Zoe run into the problem of the strap being slightly too short? It's fine on me when the bag slouches, but when it doesn't the strap is just a tiny bit short. I found a dog leash style clip at Walmart that's almost the same size as the clip on my Zoe, but it's the wrong color :pout:

I might try a local hardware store tomorrow to see if I can find one that matches the brass hardware on my Zoe. Does Coach sell the clips separately? Any other suggestions on how I could make the strap a bit longer?

I got some at LOWES or Home Depot. Go to "hooks" section. They have brass, silver, antique in all sizes and shapes. Best of all prices were from $1 to $5 each.

This is why I didn't like the Zoe at first, it was literally up under my armpit. I'm having a much better experience with the editorial size now. If you don't mind a bit more extra weight you could add a bit of brass chain (in the correct proportion to the bag of course).

Would it be a total tragedy if the hardware on my Zoe is brass and the clip I got is nickel plated? :blush:

I'm hoping to find one that matches, but I live in a pretty small town and there's a limited selection.

I put a brass dogleash clip that I bought at Walmart on my large black Zoe and it is perfect now!:smile:

It looks exactly like the Coach hardware and looks like it is part of the handle! Love it! It extends the strap length by about 2-3 inches.