extending the strap of a Zoe?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Have any of you ladies with a Zoe run into the problem of the strap being slightly too short? It's fine on me when the bag slouches, but when it doesn't the strap is just a tiny bit short. I found a dog leash style clip at Walmart that's almost the same size as the clip on my Zoe, but it's the wrong color :pout:

I might try a local hardware store tomorrow to see if I can find one that matches the brass hardware on my Zoe. Does Coach sell the clips separately? Any other suggestions on how I could make the strap a bit longer?

2. Your idea of the clip is perfect! LoveCoachMore had a thread awhile back showing how she did it, let me find it.

3. Thank you! I bought the clip I found at Walmart but after comparing it to my bag it's way too light. I'm gonna try a hardware store after work tomorrow.

4. I got some at LOWES or Home Depot. Go to "hooks" section. They have brass, silver, antique in all sizes and shapes. Best of all prices were from $1 to $5 each.

5. I did this with my pouch as the strap was a little too short and the bag was kind of an armpit bag.

6. This is why I didn't like the Zoe at first, it was literally up under my armpit. I'm having a much better experience with the editorial size now. If you don't mind a bit more extra weight you could add a bit of brass chain (in the correct proportion to the bag of course).

7. I thought the extenders could not be used because Zoe strap is closed on the sides?KWIM?

8. My editorial has a snap hook on one end. You could very easily add a large key ring + clip (and chain) if you wanted.

9. ^^^That's great info, thanks! More and more I'm wanting the XL Zoe.

10. The pouch has a clip on one side.

I assume the other Zoes are the same?

11. Would it be a total tragedy if the hardware on my Zoe is brass and the clip I got is nickel plated? :blush:

I'm hoping to find one that matches, but I live in a pretty small town and there's a limited selection.

12. There is allways online sources too.

13. Mine is the medium and it has the dogleash clip on one side

14. I put a brass dogleash clip that I bought at Walmart on my large black Zoe and it is perfect now!:smile:

It looks exactly like the Coach hardware and looks like it is part of the handle! Love it! It extends the strap length by about 2-3 inches.