Extant!

chowlover2

O.G.
Mar 14, 2009
Who's watching? I enjoyed it much more than I expected. I usually don't care for science fiction, but figured I would give it a shot. Halle was excellent, can't wait to see what happens next!

Loved it. They're fast tracking it here in Oz. It aired last night. I really liked it. Quality special effects - more like a movie than tv. Fascinating concept.

Yes, and no for me.

So, she let the dead ex in, without even asking how he got on board? Or checking with people on earth/ground control, to see what was up? Then she kept it a secret and deleted the tapes?? Who would let this novice on a billion dollar space expedition?

And one more thing about the deceptive astronaut -- wouldn't the cameras have footage of her deleting the sex part? She'd have to delete the deletion. How much can she go back and delete?

Yes, and no for me.

So, she let the dead ex in, without even asking how he got on board? Or checking with people on earth/ground control, to see what was up? Then she kept it a secret and deleted the tapes?? Who would let this novice on a billion dollar space expedition?

And one more thing about the deceptive astronaut -- wouldn't the cameras have footage of her deleting the sex part? She'd have to delete the deletion. How much can she go back and delete?

Agree - I had to suspend disbelief about a lot of that. Protocols etc. Hubs brought up the fact that solo missions for such a length of time are seldom heard of as well.

Now, did I enjoy it once I got past that? Yep. Lots of potential, looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

I just watched it. While I agree with Jayne and Free Spirit about the plausibility...that's the storyline and mystery. I believe it takes a leap of faith concerning the details.
I liked it and Halle Berry is absolutely gorgeous!

I don't mind the 'how did she get pregnant' storyline, although if that happened to me, I would be freaking out. She took it in stride!

I don't like the robot kid storyline as much.

I don't mind the 'how did she get pregnant' storyline, although if that happened to me, I would be freaking out. She took it in stride!

I don't like the robot kid storyline as much.

That part reminded me of Steven Spielberg's film AI: Artificial Intelligence. His relationship with the Dad is sweet, but I sense an undertone of something not so nice about this child/robot - particularly with her.

That part reminded me of Steven Spielberg's film AI: Artificial Intelligence. His relationship with the Dad is sweet, but I sense an undertone of something not so nice about this child/robot - particularly with her.
Did you watch the CBS promo for the show? They kind of gave a lot away, including the not so nice aspect of the child robot.