Express post international - tracking not updated in almost a week!

bellacherie

Enthusiast
Nov 2, 2006
I'm waiting on a package from the USA to Australia.

Last tracking is on the 5th which says "dispatched to sort facility" and nothing since.

Does anyone know what's going on?

Estimated delivery is 3-5 business days.

USPS tracking (even for Express) has been really off lately. You could try calling your local post office and see if they can tell you where it is, but I wouldn't worry about it yet (it's just been 5 business days today). Also, the 3-5 day delivery time doesn't include customs, so it's almost always longer than that.

I just came on wondering the same thing! I sent an item to the US via Xpress & it was guaranteed 3 buisnessdays (Should have been there on the 10th) & tracking hasn't updated since the 7th!!! It is past customs, last post was a sort facility in NY. What's going on w/ USPS????

I waited about 10 days for my item to arrive Singapore from US, it was shipped via usps express and should have reached me in 3 days. This was just in Dec.
I've never seen a 3-day delivery to Singapore. I think USPS estimates about 5-7 days, but international express mail isn't guaranteed. There's a guaranteed express mail for international packages but the cost is in the $150 and up range.

I've never seen a 3-day delivery to Singapore. I think USPS estimates about 5-7 days, but international express mail isn't guaranteed. There's a guaranteed express mail for international packages but the cost is in the $150 and up range.

Didn't know express mail is not guaranteed...the seller sent item on wed/ thurs saying i should get in on monday, but i didn't get it till the following wed, so i thought it was a bit too long for express mail ( i usually get usps express in 3/4 days) and was beginning to worried that it might be lost in transit, but it eventually arrived...

Didn't know express mail is not guaranteed...the seller sent item on wed/ thurs saying i should get in on monday, but i didn't get it till the following wed, so i thought it was a bit too long for express mail ( i usually get usps express in 3/4 days) and was beginning to worried that it might be lost in transit, but it eventually arrived...
Domestic express mail is guaranteed to be either 1 or 2 day, depending on the zip code.

Here's a screenshot of the prices for international express mail. I used US to Singapore and a 4-lb item in a 15" x 15" x 15" carton for the example. (It needed a zip code so various parts of the US might yield different prices, but this is just an example using a Boston, MA zip)

This example shows how pricey it is for the guaranteed service.

Picture2-23.png

I've had two recent items sit in Canadian customs for nearly a month each. You unfortunately just have to wait. The mail has been terribly slow lately, too.

How is customs coming into the US? Is that backlogged too? I wish USPS tracking would tell you when it goes in and out of customs like CP does.

Just received a package from France. It took 10 days. Everything had been opened. But it was all there:smile:.
The itemS were shipped via a private service but were delivered by the USPS.
Hang tight, it will arrive eventually!

I'm having the same problem. Parcel sent Express from the USA on the 9th, no tracking updated since it was 'sorted' in Miami.

And another parcel that was sent Priority on the 5th of December still isn't here yet, either. Driving me mad.

I'm waiting on a package from the USA to Australia.

Last tracking is on the 5th which says "dispatched to sort facility" and nothing since.

Does anyone know what's going on?

Estimated delivery is 3-5 business days.

Apparently usa express mail to australia is not available to track on-line step-by-step as i've been told, on-line tracking facility is only apply to EMS courier post, but you will be able to check the status through 131318.