Express Overnight Mail still not here?

this sounds exactly like the problem I had, my package was supposed to be sent out Priority, and I dropped it off, and it was missing for 2 weeks, only to end up back at my house w/missing postage info and it was stamped "recovery center" But I'm sure yours will be found, if she happened to send it delivery confirmation only it wont actually update till it gets to your door.

Well update sorta. I was on the phone with my seller as she was talking to the post office person. They had no excuse for why it didn't get scanned. she had him search high and low in the back for the package and it is absolutely not there. He thinks it's "somewhere between AZ and MA." 9_9 Gee, THAT helps. I don't even know what to do now. I guess wait? The seller is super frazzled because right now she's dealing with a Marc Jacobs bag that was lost and eventually she found out it's in "dead mail" and it's taking a LOT of pushiness to get the poor bag OUT of dead mail. It makes me feel better that she put a LOT of effort into finding these packages and doesn't just shrug and say "wait and see" to the buyer. GOD I hope that doesnt' happen to my bag. I hope I come home and there she is. =(

If she would have had it scanned she could have gotten a refund on the Express Shipping and refunded you. But since she did not have it scanned, you are probably out of luck.

Well update sorta. I was on the phone with my seller as she was talking to the post office person. They had no excuse for why it didn't get scanned. she had him search high and low in the back for the package and it is absolutely not there. He thinks it's "somewhere between AZ and MA." 9_9 Gee, THAT helps. I don't even know what to do now. I guess wait? The seller is super frazzled because right now she's dealing with a Marc Jacobs bag that was lost and eventually she found out it's in "dead mail" and it's taking a LOT of pushiness to get the poor bag OUT of dead mail. It makes me feel better that she put a LOT of effort into finding these packages and doesn't just shrug and say "wait and see" to the buyer. GOD I hope that doesnt' happen to my bag. I hope I come home and there she is. =(

Jeez with all these problems with lost bags (2 that you know of), maybe she should switch to FedEx or UPS. Though I personally have never had any problems as a seller or a buyer with USPS. However I always take it into the post office and get all the receipts and have the tracking done by a postal employee. They put the time, date, and employee name or initials on these forms. They will even tell you when it will be delivered. Seems like she was in too much of a hurry, and I surely hope your bag is not lost because of her having foolishly dropped such an expensive item in a drop box! Getting no proof , that is so risky..well I hope she insured it at least??? Not to rant, but I would never do that as a seller (drop in a box)

Last edited:
I think this seller needs some lessons in using the mail if she has had it happen before, she is going to find out the hard way otherwise when someone doesn't get their package and she has to refund.

Well she has an eBay store, lol! she's done this a million times before! Well all I know is I'm purseless until I get the bag. I'm carrying the ugliest bag in the universe right now. I hope she comes this week! =(

Well she has an eBay store, lol! she's done this a million times before! Well all I know is I'm purseless until I get the bag. I'm carrying the ugliest bag in the universe right now. I hope she comes this week! =(
I like your jovial approach, but if it were me I don't think I would be so accommodating at this point. Hope after this, you can encourage this seller to seriously get it together with the shipping.

I bought some Wusthof knives from a seller last year, the guy was selling a ton a week, and he was useless at shipping! I'm guessing he wasn't relying on repeat business...

How long should I wait before I ask for a refund until the bag arriveS? I'm too nice and I feel bad because she really is nice and working hard to find my bag but that's 1250 I paid and I don't even have a bag to show for it..

You arent supposed to put any packages over 13 ounces in a drop box/mail box they all have to be taken in and handed to a person for scanning. I didnt know this and I dropped a pair of shoes in the drop box in the post office lobby one evening after hours. Never thought another thing about it, 2 days later I had one of those yellow pick up slips in my box, I go to see what it is. It was my shoes, they didnt scan it because I hadnt followed proper procedure so then the label date was a day off and she said they couldnt legally scan anything that was postmarked/dated for another date. They made me take the shoes back and reprint the label with that days date on it. I was so pissed, I think it's just a case where someone has nothing better to do and decides to make an example. I'd be willing to bet that something similiar has happened that someone yanked it because it wasn't hand delivered to a postal worker and they have stuck it somewhere and have forgotten about it.

You arent supposed to put any packages over 13 ounces in a drop box/mail box they all have to be taken in and handed to a person for scanning. I didnt know this and I dropped a pair of shoes in the drop box in the post office lobby one evening after hours. Never thought another thing about it, 2 days later I had one of those yellow pick up slips in my box, I go to see what it is. It was my shoes, they didnt scan it because I hadnt followed proper procedure so then the label date was a day off and she said they couldnt legally scan anything that was postmarked/dated for another date. They made me take the shoes back and reprint the label with that days date on it. I was so pissed, I think it's just a case where someone has nothing better to do and decides to make an example. I'd be willing to bet that something similiar has happened that someone yanked it because it wasn't hand delivered to a postal worker and they have stuck it somewhere and have forgotten about it.
Let's hope that is the case here and she will get the bag back. Sounds like this seller needs to have her head examined if she has already done this routine (drop in a box) twice!! I would be suspicious if it doesn't get there by Friday. And I would file a not received (7 days since you made payment is the rule I think)with ebay/paypal. You can always cancel it later if the bag actually shows up. By the way, WHO is this seller? I wouldn't want to trade with her if this is how she ships!!! Or can you please provide a link to the transaction?

The transaction disappeared yesterday! It's like someone reported her after the auction was over. o.o she's not sure what's going on. I dunno either, I'm so confused..

She went to the post office again today and will be going later as well. She's going to send me the paperwork to file a claim and if it's lost then I will be getting a refund. Again, I'm honestly not worried about losing my money (tho I hate waiting so long if it IS lost)! I just really wanted the bag. =( I know in the end it's her fault for tossing it in the box but I honestly do not think I'm being scammed. I was on the phone with her while she was ranting at the post office worker about it. If she's a scammer she is REALLY putting a lot of effort into tricking me, including paying probably 60+(yes she paid for the shipping for me because she felt bad that it took so long for the Paypal money to go thru) for overnight shipping and continuously going to the post office trying to figure out what's up with my bag.

Honestly this is a disaster but not because I'm being scammed. =(

Last edited:
Our post office has a box labelled 'package drop' for item with postage printed off of the 'self help' machine & online labels. You are allowed to drop any package with a printed label from PP or the 'self help' machine into the drop box(as long as it will fit & it will hold a rather large box) .

I frequently use it to ship packages.....however, nothing I send is over $100. normally. And I have never dropped an Express package there.

The transaction disappeared yesterday! It's like someone reported her after the auction was over. o.o she's not sure what's going on. I dunno either, I'm so confused..

She went to the post office again today and will be going later as well. She's going to send me the paperwork to file a claim and if it's lost then I will be getting a refund. Again, I'm honestly not worried about losing my money (tho I hate waiting so long if it IS lost)! I just really wanted the bag. =( I know in the end it's her fault for tossing it in the box but I honestly do not think I'm being scammed. I was on the phone with her while she was ranting at the post office worker about it. If she's a scammer she is REALLY putting a lot of effort into tricking me, including paying probably 60+(yes she paid for the shipping for me because she felt bad that it took so long for the Paypal money to go thru) for overnight shipping and continuously going to the post office trying to figure out what's up with my bag.

Honestly this is a disaster but not because I'm being scammed. =(

Candy, why isn't the seller filing the claim? It's her responsibility, not yours.

If I was the seller, I would issue you a refund immediately. It's the right thing to do :yes:

You have been extremely patient and gracious. In all honesty, I don't think I would be as forgiving as you have been ;)