Express Overnight Mail still not here?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I was wondering if I should start worrying? I bought a Bbag from a wonderful seller. We had a weeks worth of delay due to Paypal BS but she mailed out my Bbag Friday in AZ (I'm in Boston) and I have the tracking and everything. She offered to Overnight it to me so I was SO thrilled to think I'd get it on Saturday. It never came. I was so sad but thought maybe she got it to the post office too late. Monday I expected SOMETHING in the way of an update on my tracking and it still says

Label/Receipt Number: EO85 1911 348U S

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on August 8, 2008 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

blablabla. I called my post office and my post office delivery people around 5 last night and they didn't see any package for me. Does that mean it won't come today either? The seller is going to her post office this morning to see what's up but I am SO worried. Is it possible to lost an Express package in the mail? I know she only sent it Friday but this is suppose to be an overnight package. =( I've never had an overnight package NOT come. Is this normal, girls?

2. If your seller did actually overnight it, they would give her a guarenteed delivery date. Since you did not get the package on that date, she is entitled to a full refund. I had this happen, I sent a bag from CT to IL Express, it took 2 days instead of one, I went to the PO and got a full refund of $31.00!

This of course doesn't help you get it any sooner, but she might refund you the shipping cost you paid. Express packages are scanned from the moment they are in the postal worker's hands, so this is very strange. Are sure she did actually mail it Friday Express, maybe it got sent Priority.

Hope you get it today!
    Cheers

3. It IS strange. this is the info I got:

-----------------------------------
    Shipment Details
    -----------------------------------
    Tracking Number: EO851911348US

Shipped From:
    Blablablabla
    Phoenix, AZ
    United States

Ship To:
    blablabla
    Blablablabla
    Cambridge, MA 02138
    United States

Carrier: U.S. Postal Service
    Service Type: Express Mail® (Next Day)

It looks like she made the label via Paypal which I'd understand might delay it a day or something. She said she's going to the post office this morning to see what's going on. I feel like I'm such a jinx whenever I buy expensive things online. I can't imagine them losing an Express package. I thought that type of shipping had special treatment or something but I guess not. =(

4. She just replied and said she put it in the mail box since she printed the label via Paypal. that's no big deal tho, right? It's still Express mail. =(

5. I think they have to actually check it in for Express and actually put it in the system that way (manually), but I could be wrong. At this rate she could have sent Priority Insured and you would have probably already gotten it!! Express has to be signed for and monitored in a lot of ways. Much safer, but a hassle and more expensive. Keep us posted. If you have tracking # you should be OK.
    PS Hope R-O/ Pretty*Bubbles hasn't moved her operation to AZ !!!!

6. Had it been scanned at all? or just still showing info recvd?

7. I have dropped express evelopes in the mail box at PO and they are scanned there before the leave my PO.

8. Info recieved is all this says. She said she dropped it in their box Friday evening. She didn't give it to anyone to scan. I'm quite confused..=( she did it all Paypal shipping and as far as I can tell, it's all taken care of there and the post office should have scanned it the next day at least, right?

9. #9 Aug 12, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
    Well she requested no signature for it, because since I THOUGHT I was getting it Saturday I wasn't sure if I'd be home to snag it. I am SO confused. Her post office will be open in an hour or so and she's going to be waiting outside for when it opens and she'll talk to them. It couldn't have even left the post office if all I have for info is "Shipping info Recieved" right?

Haha I don't think it's her. The seller and I have become pretty good friends despite all the BS! She runs a pretty big online store on eBay and I really appreciate how she's taking this issue seriously. =)

10. Her own mail box? or a Mil box in her neighborhood? You are not supposed to put boxes over 8 ounces I think not sure, it is small in the free standing PO mail boxes.

Bizarre!, Why pay for Express and just stick it in the mail box? It needs to be scanned at the PO.
    Hope it shows up today

11. #11 Aug 12, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
    The box at the post office is where she put it. =) I can't imagine Paypal shipping doing everything for you, and you paying for the shipping, then you have to physically give it to the PO worker? That's why I love making my labels from work because all I have to do is throw it in with outgoing and I don't even have to go to the post office.

12. Always makes me wonder why they give you a discount to print online but you have to purchase insurance over $500.00 at the PO!!:rolleyes:

I sometimes hand boxes to my carrier but not Express, those I take to the PO (small town, it's only 2 minutes away and never crowded). If the box was big, you are not supposed to put it in the the freestanding boxes, it says it right on the box. Just wonder if it got caught up because of that???

Cheers

13. that mgiht be it, it's a Bbag so the box isn't going to be small. But why would that hold it up? What's the post office waiting for? Her to come in an appologize for putting it in the box? :huh:

14. Ok, did she put it in the Express Mailbox? If not, it would not go out until the time the box gets emptied.

it is possible it might not have been picked up until Saturday or even Monday, depending on what is stated on the box...

And Express Mail is one or 2 day. She would have had to have the carrier scan it upon presentation to know when it was received by the PO.

15. Oh I never thoguht of that! I figured they emptied the box daily! She said she went tothe post office and put it "in the box" I dunno WTF but I think she's on her way to the post office now so I'll see I guess. That makes me feel better tho that it mgiht STILL be in the box... =)