EXPERT Advice Needed for Kelly 20

lisawhit

O.G.
Jun 23, 2007
I have an Indigo Box Kelly 20 and I don't have a shoulder strap. I plan to send it to Claude so one can be made. Here's my dilemma, I only plan to wear the mini kelly messenger style. I invision being hands free and wearing it with a blouse and jeans as an example. I am 5'4". Has anybody gotten a custom strap made? I don't have plans to go to New York and I don't live near an H boutique. How can I do this without being in New York??? Thankyou for your help. :love:

Attachments

• kelly20.JPG
    kelly20.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 139
cute bag, lisa!

here's what i would do -- get a piece of ribbon that's roughly the width of a kelly strap and tie it onto one loop, position the bag on your body where you like the look of where the bag falls and the way the ribbon lies, then tie on the other end so it stays there. mark where the knots are, untie and measure the ribbon and tell hermes that's the length you want including the hardware.

I had Manuela go ahead and measure me for a canvas strap for my 32Kelly while I was in LA. I was surprised that she said the bag itself should hit well below the waist - lower than I would have thought. She used string and said the top of the bag should just hit the hip bone.

i haven't ordered it yet, but most likely will. If you have any bags with detachable straps, give it a try. I wish they made one that was adjustable - perhaps they will when the new fall 2008 bag with one starts coming in - would be much more practical.

kelly32, Thankyou. No it was not a SO. I just purchased it from iris168 on ebay. It's more beautiful in person than in pictures. Indigo box is awesome! It did not come with the shoulder strap and that was ok with me because I want to wear it messenger style.

I'm excited! The mini kelly is safe in NY. She is getting a spa treatment too. I talked with Katie at H yesturday and she said a custom shoulder strap can be made. It can take up to a year. Yes, mini kelly is going messenger style!