Experiences with SAKS SA

innerpeace85

Feb 12, 2017
I live in WA and shop through SAKS quite a bit. I find they have lot of promos going on and points/MPA benefits if using their credit card. Couple of months, I chatted with a SA who specializes in shoes through their online chat and have shopped a quite bit from her - Celine bag, Dior shoes, makeup. She tracks my purchase history(why????????) and when I shop with other SA even for small items, she gets very upset would send me a big text message and then call me saying I should only shop with her and she appreciates loyalty. I find these tracking/texting/calling very inappropriate How can I say not to be aggressive without being rude? Should I shop with her anymore? I didnt expect this kind of experience from SAKS.
Thanks!

Be honest?
Tell her that kind of pressure makes you uncomfortable.

I'd probably say "earn it! lol"
The store where she works doesnt have Chanel and I bought a Chanel bag through another SA who works for Chanel. So the Chanel SA keeps sending me pics and I bought a few smaller items from the pics she sent. This aggressive SA expects me to fwd her and buy it through her. All of this makes me very irritated.

My best friend worked for Saks for over 20 years. The SA get daily/weekly sales goals so some SA feel that any client who they served in the past they should have for all sales made from Saks. I also think it is very easy for any SA there to look up any customers purchase history including returns.

While one may be mad at the SA it is the company who really makes them call customers. My friend had notebooks with all customer information and would even write dates for contact phone calls and her boss would check the client books every now and then to make sure SA were doing this.

ThIs SA sounds desperate to get her sales figures up but harassing customers like this may have the opposite effect.

Last edited:
I went through the same thing with a Louis Vuitton SA. He drove me nuts and became angry when I would purchase from the LV website and not through him.
I solved it by never going to that store again, and blocking his texts. I wont even walk passed the store anymore, and this was a SA I had for years. Some SA's become possessive.....I think their psycho

Reactions: TIFFANI251
I went through the same thing with a Louis Vuitton SA. He drove me nuts and became angry when I would purchase from the LV website and not through him.
I solved it by never going to that store again, and blocking his texts. I wont even walk passed the store anymore, and this was a SA I had for years. Some SA's become possessive.....I think their psycho
I think you are right. Sometimes when she would order the last one in the company and I return it because it doesn't work out, she will send text saying it was so hard to get it and she can't believe I returned it. How can I keep something that doesn't fit or is uncomfortable!!!!!

Reactions: KittieKelly
I think you are right. Sometimes when she would order the last one in the company and I return it because it doesn't work out, she will send text saying it was so hard to get it and she can't believe I returned it. How can I keep something that doesn't fit or is uncomfortable!!!!!

They're only in it for themselves, they really don't care about us, only our wallets :sad:
My (former) LV SA would tell me he can tell when people don't have enough money to shop and he brushes them off or wont approach them...that's rude, what if someone runs in after the gym and is in sweat gear but has more than enough money to spend? :lol:
And this is the same guy that told me I can just come in to say hi then got mad when I didn't buy anything :tdown:
I would drop this lady like a hot potato

Reactions: okdot
SA shouldn't take things personally but they do... some saks SA play a lot of games as well. I had to block a popular SA because she dropped the ball so many times and still expected to purchase from her. How about no. She would say she didn't have an item but it would still be available.. way too many games, way too dishonest. There's a million SA out there block on imsg and whatsapp and move on.

You, as the customer, have a choice in which SA you might want to shop with. You do not owe the one harassing you any explanations if you make purchases elsewhere. There is always pressure on the SA's to not only make sales, but to build THEIR own client base. She is hoping to make you a regular of hers, but you are under no obligation.
In general, I do feel that loyalty to one SA can be a beneficial relationship for both parties, but the timing and the chemistry has to be right between the two. It is not unusual at Saks for customers to be "assigned" to a particular SA and other SA's are discouraged from approaching you. Yet I think loyalty must be earned.