Experiences with Chanel Consignment Shops and other Resellers including eBay Sellers

I purchased a bag from Nina Furfur, shortly after I received a bag, found a big dent, not a scratch...in one of the CCs. I informed immediately Nina, she offered $100 credit, but felt, I couldn't be happy with the scratch. I sent it bag complaining that she DID NOT displayed the defect on the web. That she shouldn't take the 10% restocking fee. I got the refund minus the 10%. I contacted Malleries and they responded that they DON'T get in between disputes between sellers and buyers. This sucks......Don't buy from Malleries, everybody is there to take your money.

Last edited:
I just want to say that I just purchased a Chanel vintage caviar flap from Boutique Patina - the conditions were much worse than described. Took photos before I packed it back up.

Good thing I examined it right away and sent it right back to BP. Awaiting refund.

Will not use this reseller again.

Sorry to hear that! I had quite the opposite experience with them. What was wrong with the bag?

I too like bisoux78 and countless others on these reseller threads only had positive experiences with this seller. Sorry yours was not a one of them. Usually if something goes wrong they will right Set it right away, and no mess with restocking fees or anything else. I've also found that this seller is really conservative with labeling condition (I've experienced and read many who write that they write "good" when "excellent" etc) so I'm surprised that yours was the opposite. Surely they will do whatever necessary to make you happy and not give you any trouble. Boutique Patina is one of the very few boutiques I would recommend in a heartbeat, and trust me there are not that many I would.
Buying vintage is not an easy thing, so it's best to go with a seller that takes returns, etc., and this seller does, and gets it.

Reactions: jbags07
I've several experiences with ninafurfur. Her bags are authentic and she provides swift shipping. The rest were fine but the recent two experiences were awful. The description of the bags on her page are inaccurate. Previously I ordered a vintage piece and realize that there was discoloration on the bag but it was not reflected accurately on the website. I emailed her my concern and she gave me a discount as a form of compensation. She takes a long time to respond. I thought that it was a reasonable offer then so i accepted it.

Months later, I spotted another Chanel vintage bag (even though after the first episode) where it was written as excellent condition with minor sign of use (reflect as what it is in the photographs), so i took the plunge again due to the reasonable prices. But when I receive the bag there were major scuffings on the bottom corners and discoloration on the leather lining. Disappointed because it was very significant. Initially I don't want to sound difficult again but I think that's not the way it should have been. So I've emailed them and still waiting for a response and have open a dispute with PayPal. The prices may be reasonable but the description and photographs against the actual product weren't reliable. I doubt I will still deal with them again unless I see another piece that I am dying for! I can't believe everyone is also facing the same problem.

I dont say run the other way, because I got my Vintage Maxi on eBay.. I would totally recommend that you get authenticated before you buy it with a reputable authenticator. I use ****************** and they provided a certificate and everything.

Good Luck

I dont say run the other way, because I got my Vintage Maxi on eBay.. I would totally recommend that you get authenticated before you buy it with a reputable authenticator. I use ****************** and they provided a certificate and everything.

Good Luck
THIS!! The bay is an awesome source however it can be a living nightmare. Do your homework, learn and buy wisely.

I was able to purchase 4 fabulous Chanel's on the bay (out of my 13) and I only flipped one of those 4 (just outgrew it). IOW there are 3 that still exist in my collection that are going no where.

I thank you. I feel better about the possibility of purchasing from eBay. I just wonder about bags that don't seem to sell and just sit there. Is it the pricing or questionable purchases? It makes me feel better when the seller accepts returns, but that is rare. Is there a particular seller that you have purchase from or just who ever has what you are looking for at the time. Thank you for your time.

Just always authenticate it first, as others have mentioned. I also only will buy from sellers who have high feedback, 100% rating (or very close to it) and a long established account.