Experiences with Chanel Consignment Shops and other Resellers including eBay Sellers

I love boutique patina- I just purchased a Chanel bag from her in the summer and my first Chanel about a year ago. Nothing but great experiences and she really is into designer handbags and knows her stuff! She also provides an authentication voucher with each purchase and will give double your money back if a bag is not authentic. Hope that helps.

Hello

It’s my first post on this forum :wave:

I am going to Berlin to attend the Berlinale festival next weekend. I have read through this thread, but haven’t found anything about second hand in Berlin.

Does anyone know of any good stores in Berlin for second hand Chanel bags?

Thank you for your help!

Best regards from the cold north :snowballs:

If you look on authenticate this Chanel it appears the bags she posts are legit. I would still authenticate before you buy anything unless it is from a Chanel boutique or Nordstrom, Neimans, Saks

Yeah, the ladies from authenticate thread just authenticated the bag I was looking to buy. Yay! 😊 so now I hope I win my Chanel! 😍

Hi everyone,

I hope I am posting this in the right section. 3 weeks ago I purchased a Chanel supermarket basket from a seller I found on Vestiaire Collective. He was selling the largest size for $10,000 USD. This price was still a bit too much for me so I offered him $9,000 which he accepted on the condition that I did the deal through PayPal to save him fees.

Anyway I went through PayPal (as I would still be protected), excited for my new purchase, dreaming of how amazing this spectacular piece would look as the centerpiece on the coffee table.

Anyway my dreams were crashed when it arrived 3 weeks later with a stained dustbag, bent out of shape and the many of the wire connections were loose. Furthermore it was a smaller size to the one stated in the listing, meaning I paid far too much for the basket (even if it was not severely damaged). I highly doubt its authenticity because a real Chanel shopping basket is very sturdy and would not be so flimsy made.

For those wanting to know, the item has since been returned and I have received my full refund through PayPay. I opened a claim straight away and express posted this damaged, dirty, disgusting item back to the dishonest seller (unfortunately at my own expense).

What sickens and disappoints me most is that this seller (Jose Garcia) has relisted the basket on eBay (link below). As you can see he has provided no proper pictures of the basket, and is planning to mislead some other trusting person :sad: He is fully aware that the basket is broken which is why he is using stock photos or really close up pictures. I have reported the item to eBay, however they have taken no action so I am posting here to spread awareness. Please do not buy it through him at all (he has proven himself to be dishonest) and avoid the following links/sites which are associated with him.

http://vtgfinds.bigcartel.com/

https://instagram.com/vtgfinds/

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rare-Cha...905?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339e0d1a39

For those wanting to see how awful the basket was, here are some pictures:

above is the first impression, a dirty stained dustbag

the leaning tower of wonky basket

the basket is so wonky that the handles do not line up

up close of some individual, bent wires

and more

And the best until last!!! As if this is real Chanel, the workmanship is clearly not there. They would be embarrassed to produce something like this!!!

Last edited:
It's horrible,

I'm sorry for you, really.

But how could you manage to contact the seller? Vestiaire is THE French reference for second hand luxury market.
I know their authenticity control is very rigorous and it's just impossible to contact a seller without going through Vestiaire collective.

And thank you very much for the heads up

It's horrible,

I'm sorry for you, really.

But how could you manage to contact the seller? Vestiaire is THE French reference for second hand luxury market.
I know their authenticity control is very rigorous and it's just impossible to contact a seller without going through Vestiaire collective.

And thank you very much for the heads up

You're absolutely welcome :smile: I did the deal off Vestiaire by exchanging emails with the seller in the comments section of the listing. He then removed the listing from the site and sent me a PayPal invoice for me to make payment. I was unfortunately too trusting and have learned my lesson from this experience. I really hope that he doesn't resell the broken bag on eBay to an unsuspecting buyer.

The second time I heard bad buying experience related to counterfeit items on Vestiaire within a couple of days. I won't ever do any business with them. Thanks for sharing.

It's my pleasure. This is the perfect community to share such experiences as many people on here would find this information useful.

Vestiaire has been awful on a number of occasions for me (the biggest problem is that the sellers write tiny descriptions and do not outline all the faults with the item). For instance I purchased this Dubai necklace in the link below, however it arrived with links broken, beads missing and the varnish chipping off. I'm getting it repaired by Chanel, but only because I purchased it so cheaply compared to retail.

http://www.vestiairecollective.com/...ur-metal-ras-du-cou-paris-dubai-1259653.shtml

Another main issue I have is that listings are kept on the site for long periods of time (even up to a year) meaning there's a risk of purchasing an item that's no longer available. This is because sellers are often too lazy or forgetful to take their listings down when their item is no longer for sale. I have been caught out 6 times now and Vestiaire's stupid policy is that you have to wait 30 days to see if the seller will actually send the item out, before they will cancel the sale. In addition to this it takes them up to 3 weeks to give you your refund, meaning in total you are waiting up to 7 weeks to get your refund. This is my pet hate because what happens if you bought the item for an event and you have no money to buy a replacement? It makes no sense...

Sorry to hear your bad experience. I had experienced couple times with dishonor re-sellers. I bought a Chanel classic flap in seasonal color on eBay and the seller said it has been slight wear and the pictures didn't show detail and corners of the flap, but got it authenticated through this forum. When it arrived, I was freak out. The seller didn't ship it in the box, but shipped it in the bag. The flap has been well used. All the corners are faded and the flap has marks and creases at front and dents on the bottom. It doesn't not worth $2,200 with this condition. I contacted the seller right away and wanted to return the bag due to the condition wasn't as described. The seller didn't want to refund me the money at first and keep mention the bag only has been slight used. I told her that I have many Chanel bag that in lambskin, but none of them looks like that after used. It seem like has been abused (or used very well). I open as case in eBay and won the case. She has to refund me the money, but I need to pay the return shipping. I was so upset to lose the shipping fee, but still happy able to get back the money. Those sneaky re-seller always picture the good side of the item but never the detail. They sometime try to avoid the closeup picture. Creases, marks, and dents won't be in the listing. They always said they are "normal" wear sign. My 8 years old classic lambskin flap might have nail scratch signs but never dents, marks or creases.

Last edited: