Experiences at Sephora

wow, sometimes i think people forget that retail stores are staffed by PEOPLE, not ROBOTS. i work retail, albeit not makeup retail, but please remember that the customer service you recieve should reflect on the location you are in, not on the company as a whole, and very often it varies widely depending on what members of leadership are actually in the store at any given time.

i work at best buy, and have for several years, and everyone that works for best buy knows that there are GOOD best buy locations and BAD best buy locations. i'm lucky enough to work at a good one where management is helpful and supportive but also makes us do our jobs. other locations aren't like that, and i'm sure some of you have been in the BAD ones - i know i have. sephora isn't any different - customer service will vary widely by location depending on how good management is when it comes to training, staffing, and floor leadership. if you have a bad experience, that sucks, but it doesn't mean that they're a bad company or that they don't want your business.

the best thing you can do about a bad experience is either talk to management or corporate customer service - in all likelihood, the good employees of that store are HOPING that you will so that it'll be easier to get rid of their fellow employees that end up making their jobs harder by making people mad and never doing any work. i can think of a girl or two at work that i would LOVE for a customer to call corporate about, because then maybe we could finally fire her.

so, in short, be proactive about the service you get and don't make broad assumptions about a corporate based on one or two experiences at one location.

i will say that my experiences at Sephora have usually been positive, except for one. i like the no-pressure atmosphere, and i'd prefer to find an SA and ask for help when i need it than be followed around the store by comissioned salesperson.

i don't think anyone has said that sephora is a bad company. even tho i've not had the best experiences i plan on going back. once i know what i want to buy then i'll give them a ton of business. the one time i bought something the SA was very nice and friendly.

Everyone just kinda hyped up the store so i was excited for it once we got one but it was a slight let down so i was just curious if my experiences were limited to the one here in my area or others as well.

So, I officially work at Sephora now...and, it's ok. I will admit that my store is pretty darn good at customer service, that's all they talk about, and, there is a lot of idle chit chat among the employees, but, theres at least 10 girls in the store at all times, so, I guess it's to be expected. They "zone" us all up, telling us where we are supposed to be for the hour and make sure we give away plenty of samples for everyone, but, they are REAL pushy right now on the Beuaty Insider Card....all the stores are getting graded on how many sign ups they can get.

As for the drawers, everything is meticulously organized. I was told at least three times how they were organized before being alowed to touch them...it's just them being ultra paranoid. Plus, some of the things are made for testers, and they sit in the drawers until the old one is empty, but, there are stickers to be made and removed...that's why they are anal about people touching the drawers.

As for you ladies who can't find certain things, if I'm not mistaken, trucks, at least for us are on Tuesdays. There is 1 truck a week. Find out when it is and come back the next morning, they spend that night putting it out.

As for samples of the actual product...they'll squeeze it out of the bottle for you to take home and start to use...and don't be afraid to get a SAs name on a Sephora card, make an apt to meet with her and she will help you out greatly!

Hope I helped shed some light...sorry to all of you girls w/ bad experiences...I hate that myself and try to give people the best that I can!

One last thing...not saying some of you gals do this, but, don't get mad when we ask for you CC! We are just verifying the signature on the back! I had a lady B**ch me out on Tuesday because I thought she was trying to steal 40 bucks of make up...she was using her b/fs card...it didn't have her name, I couldn't authorize it...we're just doing our jobs :yes:

Wow, maybe I'm in the minority here, but I've never had a problem with the customer service at Sephora... Usually the SA's are really nice, and even a little over-eager to tell me about new products and recommendations. I always get talked into buying a boatload of products when I go in there!!!

One last thing...not saying some of you gals do this, but, don't get mad when we ask for you CC! We are just verifying the signature on the back! I had a lady B**ch me out on Tuesday because I thought she was trying to steal 40 bucks of make up...she was using her b/fs card...it didn't have her name, I couldn't authorize it...we're just doing our jobs :yes:

sadly this happens everywhere... why some people don't realize that it's only for their protection is beyond me! at my part time retail job we don't have the debit/pin option. if it's a debit card it gets processed like a credit so they have to sign. one time i asked for an id because this guy didn't have his signed and he got mad at me! i wanted to reach across the counter and slap him and say "well ok then! go ahead and let someone steal your card and use it because YOU didn't sign your card!" of course i couldnt say that.... but some people are really just clueless...

I love Sephora, I'm very self directed and know what I'm looking for, when I do need help, the SA's are usually great!

However, today I asked for the new NARS multiple orgasm and the SA told me they didn't make it in the stick. I told her "Yeah, they do, its available online." She said, "Oh really, I didn't know that, that's great!" She was nice, but I thought it was odd that she didn't know about it and even more odd that she admitted it.

I'll still continue to enjoy shopping there.