Experience with TopShop coats?

I bought one from Topshop in '06, and only now is it starting to fall to pieces.

Unfortunately Topshop quality has become utterly crap recently. I would not recommend spending more that $100 on one of their coats. You only have to see it in real life to know how cheap and nasty their stuff is nowadays and I used to be thee Topshop fan - I worked there.

I'd spend more money on ASOS.com (Look at the Red section) they have discount designer clothes, other than that just look in the normal outerwear section for French Connection, Jovanna etc. It's much better quality for the price.

However if you do decide to go ahead with the Topshop coat, the sizing for me is always perfect and true to size.

i bought a purple Topshop coat about a month ago and have nothing to complain about with regards to quality. It cost £65 - for the price the quality is fine.

I bought a black Topshop cape style coat last year and it is still in good enough condition to wear this year.

ASOS is worse quality than Topshop. I find their clothes and accessories poor quality.

You get what you pay for! If you want a coat that will last years, buy designer.

Whaaat? 650 for TOPSHOP???? No way...

As for a good warm long lasting wool coat I can't recommend enough the oh so classic Loden coat. It's a terribly good investment.

I went to the topshop store in nyc and was amazed at the lack of quality in the merchandise. however, i saw this coat on their website and was wondering if the stock/quality on the website is different from the US stores...otherwise, they are charging a pretty penny for this coat! what do you guys think?

http://us.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...ategory_rn=208640&productId=1871667&langId=-1

i was checking out this jacket too when i saw it online but thanks for everyone's feedback about TS quality:flowers:

I went to the topshop store in nyc and was amazed at the lack of quality in the merchandise. however, i saw this coat on their website and was wondering if the stock/quality on the website is different from the US stores...otherwise, they are charging a pretty penny for this coat! what do you guys think?

http://us.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...ategory_rn=208640&productId=1871667&langId=-1

Sometimes its different, I was in the store once a week last year looking for a wool dress that was on the website (I have to try their clothes on), and it never hit the store, I wound up ordering it. I love that jacket, but I'm sure it'll be on clearance, $650 is WAY too much for TopShop.

Sometimes its different, I was in the store once a week last year looking for a wool dress that was on the website (I have to try their clothes on), and it never hit the store, I wound up ordering it. I love that jacket, but I'm sure it'll be on clearance, $650 is WAY too much for TopShop.

Thanks ladies...I was wondering why there was such a discrepancy between this jacket and most of the other items on their website. I thought I may get lucky and this jacket was of higher quality, but I'm not going to take the chance. Will look around some more as shearling seems to be quite popular so hopefully, another designer will make a decently priced one.

My best coat has come from TopShop and I get so many compliments

IMG_0052.jpg

The coat very warm and I think good quality. Only paid £85 last Christmas for it was it's worth every penny. Also for a pear like me it's a great shape.

xcus the jeans as I don't wear baggy jeans with this coat normally :biggrin:

Thanks ladies...I was wondering why there was such a discrepancy between this jacket and most of the other items on their website. I thought I may get lucky and this jacket was of higher quality, but I'm not going to take the chance. Will look around some more as shearling seems to be quite popular so hopefully, another designer will make a decently priced one.

I was there today, they have it on the 3rd floor, right where you get off the escalator. Its kind of hidden in that little area, so you can go check it out. I was looking at it, the shearling isn't really soft.