Experience with the key rings?

sajero2

Jan 16, 2016
Has anyone tried any of the Tiffany key rings? I'm trying to think of a special 60th birthday gift for my mom for June. Golf is her favorite thing on the planet, and they have a golf key ring. She doesn't wear silver jewelry at all, so she wouldn't wear a necklace or anything from Tiffany, but I was wondering if the golf key ring would be something subtle she'd have everyday and something she'd never purchase for herself. She doesn't use any other key rings currently, so it wouldn't be lost in a mix of others or anything. Any thoughts? I haven't seen these in person and it sounds like the golf one in particular is online or in NY only.

Reactions: tarana6
That's a lovely idea! I'm sure your mom will love it and appreciate the gesture. I've always wanted a tiffany key ring but I don't own a car and they're around the same price as the Jewellery so ive never pulled the trigger.

Reactions: sajero2
I bought my boss a Tiffany Key ring one year for Christmas. He managed to badly damage it about 2 years after the fact, bending it badly. I brought it back to Tiffany's in the hopes that they could repair it for my boss, but they told me it was irreparable. They then let me pick out any key ring I wanted as a free replacement. Best customer service ever.

I was in college when I had mine. It does not wear well and I never remembered to keep checking it to make sure it didn't come loose. Also, had to crazy glue the ball to it so it didn't get loose. Too much work for something that looked beat up too quickly. But, I was young then and not as careful.

I hate the key rings.
My first one was the u shaped with the cylinder screw and it fell off a few times and was lost. Went to the store and was told that it's discontinued so I had to choose a different one. Got the loop one with the cylinder screw again (I think it looks better than the ball) and once again, it fell off the day after the exchange (and keeps getting loose). I need to go return it and get something else that won't unscrew. I'm not a fan of having to glue sterling silver because of the item's inability to do its job. The majority of the time it's in its drawstring bag inside my purse so I don't lose the screw and more keys.

Code:
TLDR; potential to lose screw, please seriously consider another brand

(I got a similar key ring for my baby sister for under $10 that has not had this issue)

I got one when I turned 16 and I've had on my keys on it ever since, so for 20 years. I've had the ball replaced once and like @gazoo said, their customer service was superb.

Yes, it's pretty bent up and scratched and dented and stuff but for me that's part of the charm now. I can't think of anything else I own that I've used daily for 20 years.

I've got one that I've had for about 15 years, never lost the ball but it came loose a few times so now I use 'thread-lock' which is a non permanent glue it works brilliantly, like the previous poster said mine is also battered but I also think that's part of its charm.