experience with phone orders?

mliLV

Nov 8, 2021
Has anyone here done a phone order purchase? I wanted a particular WOC, and I was told by customer service that it was not in my city. I was told I could do phone order since I have prior purchase history. She says that it is available in another state and they would call me to confirm within 48-72 hours. If confirmed available, they would send me a payment link. What was your experience like with phone orders? This is my first time...

Most of my Chanel purchases are over the phone. They just send you a payment link and then it's shipped via FedEx. Although when you contact client services and they put in a request to that particular boutique, the response time really varies - frustratingly so. Usually you'll get a response within 2-3 days but there's a chance of it being sold during that waiting period. Also, if the boutique doesn't reach out to you after the 72hrs, then you'd have to contact client services again so they can put in another request. They say if that particular boutique is busy, responses to client service requests can go unanswered.

Most of my Chanel purchases are over the phone. They just send you a payment link and then it's shipped via FedEx. Although when you contact client services and they put in a request to that particular boutique, the response time really varies - frustratingly so. Usually you'll get a response within 2-3 days but there's a chance of it being sold during that waiting period. Also, if the boutique doesn't reach out to you after the 72hrs, then you'd have to contact client services again so they can put in another request. They say if that particular boutique is busy, responses to client service requests can go unanswered.
good to know. Thanks for the info! I usually purchase in the boutique.

Yea, it really requires a lot of persistence and effort on your end. I would say 2 out of 5 times, you actually get a response. The last time I called client services for an item I really wanted. First 72 hrs, nothing. I called again for a status update and it went unanswered so they made another request at the same boutique. Another 72 hrs went by. I called client services again because 7 days had gone by, they kept putting in requests and they still went unanswered. So the service agent saw my repeated requests (heard from frustration) and finally just made a direct call to the boutique while placing me on hold. Luckily it hadn't been sold and I got my item. Like I said, it is a major headache but you really have to be determined to put in the effort and persistence while on the hunt for something.

I've customer service requested boutique to contact me 4-5 times and I only got a txt back from a boutique once.
I have similar experiences with CS. I rarely get contacted by a boutique. I have better luck through my SA, or if she cannot get something for me, the extraordinary ladies that post to the Store Stock page are my heroes. The connections there have served me much better than calling customer service. I try to avoid calling CS as much as possible because it's a black hole.

I have similar experiences with CS. I rarely get contacted by a boutique. I have better luck through my SA, or if she cannot get something for me, the extraordinary ladies that post to the Store Stock page are my heroes. The connections there have served me much better than calling customer service. I try to avoid calling CS as much as possible because it's a black hole.
I totally agree. On the other hand, my sister in Taiwan has very good luck with CS. She called CS twice, and SAs from the boutique called her back. She was able to get the items (one of them was classic flap card holder).

I’m relatively new to Chanel and purse forum. If you see something on the stock page, do you reach out directly to the person who made the post? And do you ask for their SA info? I don’t want to make anyone uncomfortable.

I’m relatively new to Chanel and purse forum. If you see something on the stock page, do you reach out directly to the person who made the post? And do you ask for their SA info? I don’t want to make anyone uncomfortable.
Yes, if I see anything on the stock page (and I am under purchase limit and have purchase history) then I usually reach out to the poster. Please do so via DM rather than posting or replying to that thread.

Reactions: mliLV
When did Chanel stop allowing phone orders? I just tried to purchase a bag and was told they don’t do that anymore. Most of my Chanel has been purchased this way, even earlier this year. Anyone heard this?

When did Chanel stop allowing phone orders? I just tried to purchase a bag and was told they don’t do that anymore. Most of my Chanel has been purchased this way, even earlier this year. Anyone heard this?
I called Chanel customer service last month and confirmed that all timeless pieces, including classic flaps and 2.55 reissues, can’t be shipped via phone orders (but cf minis can be shipped).
But as many have shared here, it’s actually based on their SAs’ “preferences” and basically it’s “no shipping” for all bags for newbies like me… :/

It’s crazy, I’ve bought so many things from Chanel (and that store in particular) that you won’t ship me things. I’m kind of fed up with Chanel at this point
Did your SA refuse to ship bags to you as well? I’m really surprised they do that to even customers with pretty consistent and continuing purchasing history :hrmm: