Experience with Ann’s Fabulous Finds

Monce66

Nov 30, 2012
Hi all,
just need a place to vent. Back in June, I purchased a beige medium classic double flap for $5,300. It was shipped June 26. As of today, I Still have not received the bag. Last shipping update on usps shows it departed Chicago July 8. It just completely stopped tracking after July 8. Ive been waiting on refund but Ann’s fabulous finds refuses to issue a refund until they receive insurance payout. I don’t understand why can’t they just issue refund. It’s been over 2 months. I’ve missed out on several beige classics bcoz I just do not have the funds to purchase another one. So I dont have the bag and I don’t have $5300. They leave me no choice so I filed a dispute with my bank. Anyone else had experience with a lost package and had to wait forever for a refund?

Reactions: Glitterbomb and fdc
I'm so sorry this has happened to you! I think you have been more than patient with them; I would have filed a credit card dispute after two weeks of no tracking updates and no refund.
I have consigned several pieces with AFF but I have never purchased from them. Luckily, all of my transactions were uneventful.

I'm so sorry this has happened to you! I think you have been more than patient with them; I would have filed a credit card dispute after two weeks of no tracking updates and no refund.
I have consigned several pieces with AFF but I have never purchased from them. Luckily, all of my transactions were uneventful.
I actually purchased 2 bags with them. I received one bag within a week with no issues. I was hoping that by some miracle the package will be found but I’ve gotten no help with usps except the same response that they are still trying to locate it. I had no choice but to dispute it bcoz I don’t think AFF will issue the refund and I have a deadline of 60 days to file dispute with my bank. I didn’t want to chance not disputing it wifh no guarantees of a refund. Thank you for understanding

In my opinion they can't wait to refund you waiting for the insurance claim because who knows if/when that will ever happen. I would have disputed this with my credit card LONG ago
I think they should’ve issued refund ASAP. Such bad policy to let the customer wait. What it for some reason the insurance denies claim and does not pay out? Thank you for your reply :smile:

Reactions: Glitterbomb and fdc
I understand how you feel, I returned 2 pairs of shoes to Ferragamo, they received them 1 month ago but just refunded me today which drove me crazy!!
Now I'm impatiently waiting for a reseller to refund me 50% deposit of a Chanel bag that she never shipped out, hope I don't get scammed by her >_<
Good luck getting your money back!!

I am pretty sure the max USPS issues for insurance is $5000.00 so even if they are reimbursed, it won't be for the $5300.00. It's always the shipper's responsibility to get a purchased item TO the buyer. They haven't fulfilled their contract. Like others said, I would have filed a chargeback within 10 business days, as after that, it's extremely unlikely the package would be found. Also with USPS, it's nearly impossible to finally get that insurance payment - even almost a year into a claim!

Other than it being cheap, I have no idea why anyone uses USPS for expensive items. I am so sorry, what a mess.

Last edited:
I have had horrible experiences with USPS, when a package stops tracking and is missing for so long it is definitely gone. You will never see it and the sender will not receive it back. They should've refunded you long ago. That is quite disappointing, and I'm sorry you had this experience. Thank you for sharing with us. I fully support you doing a chargeback and not wanting to risk being unable to proceed with that route if the seller never sends the refund. It's too much money to risk that. I am sure your bank will back up you and be on your side.