Experience on waitlists?

SuLi

O.G.
Nov 1, 2005
Hi everyone!

I've finally decided to purchase my first Chanel, and unfortunately, it happens to be a popular one - the baby cabas. I called a local Chanel and had myself placed on the waitlist for the fall. I was wondering what people's individual experiences with waitlists have been like? I just worry that since I've never purchased a Chanel and have yet to establish a relationship with the SA, that I will just fall through the crack.

if i were you i would also put yourself on the waitlist at saks and neimans and also nordstrom (three locations sell chanel- mall of america, dowtown seattle, and one in califonia that i forget but they can tell you). i have always gotten bags from them that i was on the list for, no matter where i was on the list. if u r willing to give your credit card info out to hold the bag, you are much more likely to get it faster, because if they cant get in touch with someone who is ahead of you, they will skip that person and give it to someone who gave them all their info.

I agree, get on more than one!:yes:
Especially if you don't have an SA that will "go to bat for you."
If possible do it in person, so you can establish a rapport as well.

Thanks for the advice!

I'm going to the boutique this weekend, and will try to speak to the person who placed me on the list...hopefully, she will get my sense of desparation at owning this bag :graucho:! It will also be my FIRST Chanel purchase, so hopefully, everything will turn out well.

I noticed that you are in the Washington DC area. A good SA is Marilyn at NM Tysons Corner. She is really good to work with. I did give her my cc info, but she was able to track down a black cabas for me in about 3 weeks. Just an FYI.

Oh thanks guys! This is very helpful.. so that means.. I need to get in a waitlist too for more than 1! I have to do that too to make sure I'm going to get my light silver reissue this fall! :biggrin:

Just get on several lists. I was told by almost every SA I talked to that I have almost no chance of getting the jumbo red caviar with new chain. In the end, every store that I waitlised call me:P One even called me twice. Good thing b/c I passed on all the prior ones and last minute changed my mind.

I always waitlist at all the boutiques, so your sure to get the call. They always tell you it's impossible to get the cabas, but be patient you will find one

I only deal with one Chanel SA and I love her to death. She is pretty good about tracking something down and getting it for me. Trouble is, Canada sometimes does not get in all the things I want, so in those cases I have to take matters in my own hands and waitlist in the US.

I noticed that you are in the Washington DC area. A good SA is Marilyn at NM Tysons Corner. She is really good to work with. I did give her my cc info, but she was able to track down a black cabas for me in about 3 weeks. Just an FYI.

Thanks for the tip. I will see if I can visit her this weekend while I'm at Tyson's!

Get on evey wait list. Just puts up in better odds of getting what you want. If you've found what you're looking for when you get the call, just says thanks...try the next person on the list. Good luck.