Experience in Chloe Boutique Sale

disco189

O.G.
Jun 15, 2009
Ok, I been lusting for medium Marcie with shoulder strap for a while, so yesterday after work, I went o my local Chloe boutique as my friend informed me public sale started.
Well, there are items like Else, Alice, Paraty (military) and Marcie on the shelves. From 30 % to 40% off. ( I am in Asia.)
I expressed my interest on Marcie, then SA has recommend the messenger style with flap opening instead of zip. I noted the description is “ Cross body “ and color is “Nut”, it has wider should strap than usual and very comfortable as a cross-body bag. Somehow, I found it seems a bit small and casual , though SA insist it is the same size as medium Marcie with strip (she actually compared side by side, which was actually true, the flap makes it looks very small.)
Then I asked if any Marcie with strap is on sale, she had a couple. I was particularly interested in Tan and there was one. Tried it on, battling with myself whether I should take it…the drama came up when I confirm with her on the discount percentage. She can’t find this bag on the sale list, but it has been marked as sale item on the tag. Then it took her around 10 minutes to check with her colleagues, at last, unfortunately, she told me this color is not on sale.
Well, I wouldn’t pay a full price for it, as in Asia, our price is already too high compare to Europe or US. The SA was kind enough to check again at back, and then she took one medium Marcie in tan without should strip. This is when the drama came again.
I looked the bag and I must say, it already lost its shape. Color is tan for sure, but it was very floppy and looked aged. The leather has uneven tone in some areas, the vein on leather already blur.
I found it was back in 2011! (yes, from the price tag.) Honestly, I am shocked. I can’t believe they still sell something from 2011 and in such horrible condition. SA was selling hard but there is no way I pay that much of money for a bag like this. Even if it goes 70% off, I still wouldn’t take it, it is a bag out of shape and it should not for sale anymore.
Just want to share with you ladies, that’s all. I am after tan and won’t settle for another color, after all, it is a lot of money for a bag.

Last edited:
Nut is quite a common colour, I wouldn't pay full price for it.

I just bought a medium marcie with strap from Chloe boutique in Vegas and all the colours were on sale.

That is awful that the SA tried to sell you a misshapen poor quality older model :sneaky:

Yes, SA said the uneven tone on the leather is common and normal, which I can't really believe:graucho:. I was sharp enough to see the manufacture date on the tag:biggrin:

Nut is quite a common colour, I wouldn't pay full price for it.

I just bought a medium marcie with strap from Chloe boutique in Vegas and all the colours were on sale.

That is awful that the SA tried to sell you a misshapen poor quality older model :sneaky: