Experience at Smallface?

harfe

May 15, 2014
Hi All,

I don't find much posts about experience at Smallface, so was wondering whether anyone had experience there. What was the consultation like? And if you have surgery there, were you satisfied with the result and post op care?

harfe, I don't recommend this clinic unfortunately. Results: barely noticeable difference, which makes me think that their before & after pictures on their website are fake or done by a different surgeon (one or two of them seem to have left small face clinic/are not available right now). I'm experiencing negative side effects. HORRIBLE post op - once they've got your money, they couldn't care less about you.

(Edit: I actually see zero difference, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and hope that SOME difference will appear in the next couple of weeks after the remaining swelling goes down. But seriously, horrible post op care and rude surgeon/managers/nurses. They seriously become different people after your surgery. I've confirmed that the good facial contour surgeon left Smallface recently for a different clinic...So I was deceived and got stuck with this one (his name is Dr. Jang Ho), who clearly isn't half (or a quarter) as good. Wish I had known this earlier)

Last edited:
Reactions: tamle_o
harfe, I don't recommend this clinic unfortunately. Results: barely noticeable difference, which makes me think that their before & after pictures on their website are fake or done by a different surgeon (one or two of them seem to have left small face clinic/are not available right now). I'm experiencing negative side effects. HORRIBLE post op - once they've got your money, they couldn't care less about you.

(Edit: I actually see zero difference, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and hope that SOME difference will appear in the next couple of weeks after the remaining swelling goes down. But seriously, horrible post op care and rude surgeon/managers/nurses. They seriously become different people after your surgery. I've confirmed that the good facial contour surgeon left Smallface recently for a different clinic...So I was deceived and got stuck with this one (his name is Dr. Jang Ho), who clearly isn't half (or a quarter) as good. Wish I had known this earlier)

Thanks hs77, I was really considering small face before, but now I don't think I will go there at all. I hope you will see satisfactory results after a few weeks. How long ago did you have it done? May I ask, what side effects are you having?

It's not acceptable at all for the clinic to just care about the money, where are the morals in this world.

Do you know the name of the doctor who left? I wonder where he is working now.

Hi everyone, just wanted to do a 6 month post-op update (I hate it when people post things but don't follow up with updates months later :smile:). All the swelling is gone but I still see no difference. I've asked family members and they all tell me they can't understand what exactly the surgeon did to my face, besides cause some sagging. I'm experiencing some sagging on both sides (even though the surgeon had "promised that wouldn't happen"), and some pain around the incision area sometimes. It's as if my bone wasn't reduced, but somehow the fat on my cheeks were pushed downwards... Yeah I know, it's strange and bizarre. At this point, I'm thinking that I wouldn't mind uneven results, because even that would be better than no results at all. I want to warn all of you, once again, to avoid Smallface Clinic. I copied and pasted this post that I added to someone's zygoma thread:

"I had the most horrible experience there - 6 months later I see absolutely no difference, the nurses and surgeon were extremely rude and careless, and I basically gave them $5000 to get no results and be treated poorly. I got zygoma reduction there, which wasn't even a reduction. I am also experiencing some sagging and pain at the incision area. This isn't a post about me being unsatisfied with the results (like "oh I don't like the way it turned out") - rather, this is a post about the surgeon taking my money and not even bringing any visible results and not taking the time to make sure that I received proper post-surgery follow-up and treatment. They were soo nice BEFORE my surgery, but once my surgery was complete they ignored my questions and said the surgeon was "too busy" to see me for another follow-up, and kept telling me to wait 6 months for my concerns to be resolved. I ended up visiting another doctor to check my incisions to make sure that everything was ok/to prescribe pain medications. I realized that their top surgeons left to start their own surgery centers (sometime at the beginning of this year or maybe last year, I think), so the surgeon remaining there is not the good surgeon, and definitely not the one you want cutting your face open, trust me. I ended up going there based on online posts from like 2011, etc. when the actually good surgeons were there, so I got deceived and didn't do my research properly (my own fault) and I hope that none of you make the same mistake as I did. Especially for those who live outside of Korea, it's really hard to find the best surgeons in Seoul and we often depend on these online forums. Please do thorough research before making such a huge decision, and note that often surgery centers who cater to foreigners aren't always the best (they turn to the foreign market because they're not popular with locals - top surgeons become famous with locals based on word of mouth advertising). Also, sometimes these surgery centers don't do their best jobs with foreigners because they know they're going to go back to their own country and not necessarily have the opportunity to make claims/warn local customers against them/carry lawsuits, request a re-do, etc... Anyway, I really hope that you all find a good surgeon with moral conscience, unlike the one I encountered at Smallface Clinic. Good luck :smile:"

Oh and have a happy holiday everyone, at least I'm grateful that I'm alive/the surgeon didn't cause nerve damage lol :heart:

Reactions: tamle_o
Sorry to say but, he might have just cut you open and moved his tools around to make it seem like he did anything. I've heard of a few cases where surgeons have done this because they couldn't be bothered to actually do the procedure. Call it lazy or a scam (I think it's both) but, it definitely happens and more often than you think. I would get a second opinion with another surgeon. Get x-rays and if they have the 3d scan, do it- they might even show you where your soft tissue, fat, muscles, bone and such are located and what exactly was moved or touched.

Surgeons promising that sagging won't happen from zygoma reduction are to be avoided. The number of surgeons out there who are willing to straight up lie for your money never ceases to amaze me.

There are avenues that you can go through to make a complaint against the clinic. For example, the Korea Consumer Agency. I don't know how effective it is but it's a free option so it can't hurt to try.

http://english.kca.go.kr/engCounsel/m_10/engCounselForm.do

Hey guys,

I also wanted to share my experience at SmallFace. I went there almost 2 years ago to have mini V line surgery done. At the time Dr.Lee Seung-Chan was still there and he was the one who performed my surgery. I will be honest to say he did a great job. I have no sagging. Even though my chin is noticeably shorter, I wish he was able to make my chin a little more smaller. But he told me he couldn't cut it anymore because it would be too close to my main nerve. I'm so thankful I had him as my surgeon than the other doctor (Dr Ho Jang). Dr. Lee was very honest with me, answered all my questions, and seemed like a caring person. When I would go for check-ups, he would always pat me on the back and ask how I was feeling. It's a shame he's not at Smallface anymore. I know he went to another clinic a couple of months after he did my surgery, but I have no idea where he is now :sad: Of course when I contacted Small Face and asked them where Dr. Lee went to, they refused to answer me and said the other doctor is just as good... which is definitely not true! If Dr. Lee was still at SmallFace I would definitely recommend seeing him, but being that he left... I strongly warn people to stay away. I feel so bad for everyone that has had a bad experience there. When I was there the staff was very nice and made me feel so comfortable. It's really disappointing how things changed for the worst after Dr. Lee left

I plan on coming back to Seoul in Feb to have 2 Jaw surgery done. Even though I like my results of my mini V line, I have a protrusion and my jaw would look better if it was set back more. If anyone happens to be in Seoul Feb-March, please message me

Last edited: