Expensive Sale Prices!

Sue247

Apr 3, 2011
Anyone else totally put off buying from the sale because of the expensive prices? I bought a purse but would have loved a few other things (most of which are still in stock, so suspect it is not just me who is put off by these prices!). The last sale the mini Alexa's were £440 i believe, now £520.. I just can't bring myself to pay these prices!

Last edited:
Sue247 said:
Anyone else totally put off buying from the sale because of the expensive prices? I bought a purse but would have loved a few other things (most of which are still in stock, so suspect it is not just me who is put off by these prices!). The last sale the mini Alexa's were £440 i believe, now £520.. I just can't ring myself to pay these prices!

Nope, it's not just you. I remember when sale prices started at 50% off so these lame 20-30% markdowns don't do it for me.

Nope, it's not just you. I remember when sale prices started at 50% off so these lame 20-30% markdowns don't do it for me.

Yes, it is just 20% off and after the prices rises last month, it is like there is no sale as this was almost the full price for a lot of these bags! Look at the EW bays for £556, in October weren't they just £599 full price?! i won't be buying any bags in their sales again in a hurry unless the discounts are better!

Exactly! And that shows as Selfridges and Harrods are pretty much out of stock not only of Mulberry but most other brands.
I bought mini pinky mink and I agree it's just way too expensive. I decided to pay the price simply because I thought I'd never get a hold of that bag. They were never available at M stores in the UK (as far as I know) and John Lewis had a limited stock that didn't last long. In all honesty I haven't even seen the mini pinky mink live, just the reg and OS and thought the mini was the best pick as it's delicate and very susceptible to colour transfer so definitely not an every day kind of bag!

Yes this is exactly what I was saying on the shopping thread. I have never seen so many items still in stock. But mulberry have been greedy and think we have short memories. £716 for a sale Bayswater is totally rubbish. It is too close to the full retail price a month ago. I hope this hits its profit margins big time. I am a mulberry addict and considered a petrol Daria but it is ridiculous now compared to what I paid for mine a year ago so no purchase for me.

I was lucky enough to find the bag I wanted at 50% off on Ssense,com. At least you have the Mulberry outlets in the UK. We don't have those in the US and we haven't had a sample sale in years.

Exactly! And that shows as Selfridges and Harrods are pretty much out of stock not only of Mulberry but most other brands.
I bought mini pinky mink and I agree it's just way too expensive. I decided to pay the price simply because I thought I'd never get a hold of that bag. They were never available at M stores in the UK (as far as I know) and John Lewis had a limited stock that didn't last long. In all honesty I haven't even seen the mini pinky mink live, just the reg and OS and thought the mini was the best pick as it's delicate and very susceptible to colour transfer so definitely not an every day kind of bag!

I understand why you got the pinky mink Alexa as it is a bag you have wanted for ages, it is gorgeous irl. If it were cheaper, i would have been tempted myself!

Yes this is exactly what I was saying on the shopping thread. I have never seen so many items still in stock. But mulberry have been greedy and think we have short memories. £716 for a sale Bayswater is totally rubbish. It is too close to the full retail price a month ago. I hope this hits its profit margins big time. I am a mulberry addict and considered a petrol Daria but it is ridiculous now compared to what I paid for mine a year ago so no purchase for me.

Looks like most of the sale stuff is still available, hopefully they will realise that we aren't stupid and will not pay whatever they ask for their bags! I would have bought a petrol Daria too but not at those prices! I hope it does hit their profit bargains and they have to re think these prices! I bought myself the bag I have wanted for ages, but got it on ebay!

I hope (but I don't think expect it) they will do a second reduction to offload the winter stock

Yes I thought that too but I wasn't expecting stocks to last this long! Maybe I'm the only crazy one to pay that price for a mini lexy :noggin:
I was refreshing the website constantly to buy as soon as the sale started as was concerned the site would crush and it'd be sold out in a heartbeat.
I'm not saying I regret doing so as I needed to get the bag delivered asap as I'm abroad at the moment and BF is coming on the 29th, I couldn't bare to pay that price and have to wait until February to see the bag and not being able to use it till summer! :mad:

I understand why you got the pinky mink Alexa as it is a bag you have wanted for ages, it is gorgeous irl. If it were cheaper, i would have been tempted myself!

Precisely! You know I decided to buy because of the discount (although very minor) and that I'm due to recieve funds from a bag sold recently. I can't afford impulsive purchases anymore! :rtr: