Expensive item delivered-buyer requesting chargeback

Suzie sorry you're having to deal with this.
I'm in Australia too and I usually sell about one thing a month on ebay/bonz and so far have never sold to anyone in Australia - I'm usually shipping to the US.
I no longer use Registered Post but Express Post International instead - faster and more tracking. For a very valuable item I'd always use the Express Courier International service . . . but that's my suggestion for future shipping.
A couple of years ago I sent a $600 item Registered Post to a buyer in Canada. She contacted me after 2 weeks saying she hadn't received it although it looked to me that it had been delivered and signed for. I contacted Australia Post and they were very helpful. They got back to me with a link that showed me an image of the recipient's signature (a man with the same last name as my buyer). I advised the buyer and that was the last I heard from her.
I know your situation has gone further than this but perhaps Australia Post can assist from this end to help get things sorted out in your favour :hugs:

Last edited:
Suzie sorry you're having to deal with this.
I'm in Australia too and I usually sell about one thing a month on ebay/bonz and so far have never sold to anyone in Australia - I'm usually shipping to the US.
I no longer use Registered Post but Express Post International instead - faster and more tracking. For a very valuable item I'd always use the Express Courier International service . . . but that's my suggestion for future shipping.
A couple of years ago I sent a $600 item Registered Post to a buyer in Canada. She contacted me after 2 weeks saying she hadn't received it although it looked to me that it had been delivered and signed for. I contacted Australia Post and they were very helpful. They got back to me with a link that showed me an image of the recipient's signature (a man with the same last name as my buyer). I advised the buyer and that was the last I heard from her.
I know your situation has gone further than this but perhaps Australia Post can assist from this end to help get things sorted out in your favour :hugs:

Thank you for your long and thoughtful reply. I will go to the PO tomorrow and see if they can do the same thing that happened to you.

The shipping options changed here in Oz not that long ago and I was not up to speed on the options but in future I will definitely do the express post international.

I would definitely be speaking with your po to get any information you can
& you may have to be firm, IYKWIM

Good luck to you.. I know this is very frustsrating but once you are abel
to obtain some info, the picture gets clearer..

Last edited:
I would definitely be speaking with your po to get any information.

Good luck to you.. I know this is very frustsrating but once you are able
to obtain some info, the picture gets clearer..

Thank you, I am going away on holiday in another couple of weeks so to have this sorted before I go would be great. More money to spend also, that was the whole reason for my selling.

Thank you for your long and thoughtful reply. I will go to the PO tomorrow and see if they can do the same thing that happened to you.

The shipping options changed here in Oz not that long ago and I was not up to speed on the options but in future I will definitely do the express post international.

You're welcome and good luck at the PO. If they're not as helpful as you'd like you could try calling the Auspost international mail contact service on 03 8847 9045 - that's who I've called in the past when experiencing problems with incoming international parcels as well as the outgoing one I mentioned.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to let you all know that paypal has refunded my money that they had kept because of the chargeback and the case is now closed. In the email it said that I followed all of the rules as a seller and therefore with their seller protection I was refunded.

I just want to thank all of you for your support during this stress and thankfully I was not punished for my honesty.

:hugs: