Expensive bras

I have many bras from Freya, Panache, Fantasie. As a person who is an "in-between" in band size, I actually like the ones that run a bit bigger in the band. The 32's in most brands are way too tight and feel like they're cutting me in half, but the 34's aren't nearly tight enough and slide around. But the ones that run a bit big or small are perfect for me, just takes a bit of personal research to find what works best for anyone :smile:

I don't own an 'expensive' bra, and I haven't ever tried one on to know the difference. I have my holy grail bra which is the Betsey Johnson "Eyelet Lace Demi Bra"--it's only $48, but I LOVE the lace and bow detailing. I also love how it has almost no padding but enough not to just be lace only. I love the lift it gives without padding. I just love absolutely everything about it. I have it in 7 different color! Right now I'm so happy with this bra I don't even shop around for a 'better' more expensive bra. ALSO, I'm only a 32b so it's not too hard to find a bra that gives me enough support

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/betsey-...rch&fashionColor=Bluetilicious&resultback=226

After breastfeeding 2 kids It's hard to find a good bra. I swear by my le mystere dream tisha bras! But paying around $70 for a bra is not my thing but luckily on occasion I score big time at tj maxx and they have them there for $12.99, when I see them I grab all of them in my size so I have plenty to spare

The Le Mystere bras feel too hot on my skin. I like their Carina bra but hate the straps on them. My daughter loves Spanx bras the best. I bought her some pretty Hanky Panky bras and she wears them but said she rather not have lace because it itches her skin. She is only 13 so bra shopping trying to find what she loves has been hit and miss. I have been lucky trying many brands of bras because my friend worked in lingerie at a high end dept. store and would check the sales rack for bras then got her discount added so she always bought me nice gifts or I bought them at a great price. I think once you find the perfect brand and styles that work for you it is hard to switch. I also like going to the large special lingerie stores that carry tons of brands, more then the department stores. It is even better if the sweet older women who have worked ther for over 20 years help you wit fit ans selection because they know everything. Even in many department stores the people in lingerie do not seem to be aware that the bra sizing is different on some European brands with cup size. My friend said this confused the customers who said they were one size and refused to believe they were not in certain bras. Also most women do not wear the right band and cup size and many will not change no matter what the person trying to fit them says. This was the top thing that upset my friend in lingerie sales, she could not get most women to wear their correct size.

I got my first Prima Donna bra the other day on sale and LOVE it. As the OP said, it feels like I'm not wearing one at all. I'm also a fan of Chanelle - Felina is great on lower end as well.

All I know is, anything but VS!

I had big enough size not to fit into anything.
The only brand I like is Original German Felina. It is amazing and fit me wonderfully. I buy it in my country and they cost at least 75 dollars, up to 150 around for fancy styles. They usually last long too. Very durable and lightweight bra.
Triumph has a lot of similar models and cheaper than Felina and it does not fit me so well. I like Huit. It does not have any particular sizing, I just buy 4 and it is OK. La Perla is great too.
I buy Wacoal and sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Natory is usually small on a band for me.
I dislike Chantelle and La Mystery - it is not my fit at all.
No Calvin Klein and Liz Claiborne either for the same reasons.
Elle McPherson does not fit me either.
I do buy Victorias secret, because it is the only US brand that is widely present and has some occasional sales and good bra's sometimes happened to be there.

The vast majority of my bras are VS. I admit it's mostly cuz I use those $10 off coupons and can get them for less than $20 each. Plus, there are 3 stores between my home and work, so I can pick one up really quickly. They're OK, but not the best. I wore a 34C for a really long time, but after I lost weight, my size is now 32C. What a difference there is in bra-shopping now. 32C is hard to find! VS carries it, but not in every style, and not much in whatever style it is carried in. Since my 34Cs are in great condition and I can't give them away, I still wear them when all my 32Cs are in the laundry:shame: The straps fall, but it's better than going without!

What brick and mortar stores carry Prima Donna? I'm thinking of trying them.

I LOVE Prima Donna bras, they're gorgeous, but their bands literally hang off of my rib cage. :sad: Wish they'd offer 26-28 bands.

My current favourite bra is the Le Mystere Linguine. I also really like the Debenham's line of bras. Freya, Panache, etc, tend to fit too big in the band for me.

Which band size are you wearing? Freya and Panache both offer 28 bands. I've tried on the Le Mystere Linguine in the past and I actually found it to run standard with all the other 30+ band sizes (which are all, funnily enough, too large for me so I can't wear them).

I LOVE Prima Donna bras, they're gorgeous, but their bands literally hang off of my rib cage. :sad: Wish they'd offer 26-28 bands.

Which band size are you wearing? Freya and Panache both offer 28 bands. I've tried on the Le Mystere Linguine in the past and I actually found it to run standard with all the other 30+ band sizes (which are all, funnily enough, too large for me so I can't wear them).

I have a 25" underbust and prefer to wear 30" bands (I have no padding and anything else just feels too tight!). I've tried on 28" Freya bands and found they fit really oddly (same with Panache). The cups also seem very big as compared to the bras I currently own. I have two Linguine bras and one definitely fits larger than the other - I wonder if more people tried it on in the shop and it stretched out a bit? If you want a really tight band, I would recommend looking into Debenhams' house brand - I've been wearing mine for 6 months and they are all still on the largest hook.

I have a 25" underbust and prefer to wear 30" bands (I have no padding and anything else just feels too tight!). I've tried on 28" Freya bands and found they fit really oddly (same with Panache). The cups also seem very big as compared to the bras I currently own. I have two Linguine bras and one definitely fits larger than the other - I wonder if more people tried it on in the shop and it stretched out a bit? If you want a really tight band, I would recommend looking into Debenhams' house brand - I've been wearing mine for 6 months and they are all still on the largest hook.

I'm not sure what cup size you are but Le Mystere combines DD/E while Freya/Panache consider E to be a completely different cup size. When you go DD+ the differences start to be obvious. When using HerRoom's universal cup size for 30 bands, I am a 30 D3. The 30E in Le Mystere SHOULD be the equivalent of my 28F, except it isn't. It's a 30 D2 and runs smaller. I am, universally, the same exact size in Freya, Panache, and Curvy Kate. I can order the exact same size and it will always fit just right.

Universally I am a 30E in those brands, except when it comes to Le Mystere I have to order a 30F because there IS no E.

I'll definitely check out Debenhams though. I have a 25" rib cage right now and I have tons of padding on me. At my usual weight I have a 24" rib cage (gained weight on vacation and it's slowly coming off on its own).

I'm totally not into expensive bras, although I won't buy really cheap ones either.

I am perfectly happy generally wearing Topshop bras which are replaced frequently and generally cost about £20 each. My 'best' bras are from Jack Wills as I really like their 100% silk ones, which usually cost around £40.

I think if I spent a lot on a bra I loved then I would be less likely to replace it when it had lost support.