Expanding jewelry ? Opinions ?

Cartier Clash medium WG or the expandable ring ?

• Total voters

ntaher7

Sofa King Banned
Feb 11, 2016
Hey guys ! What do you think of the of expandable jewelry like this brand ? Is it a good option for everyday wear or is it more susceptible to damage ? I have my eye on this ring but in full platinum debating between this and the Cartier clash in Medium WG for everyday wear. I want to be able to cook, shower, go for a run, swim etc.. with no worry about bad damage other than normal everyday wear.

RG62.jpg

Hi @ntaher7 both rings are beautiful. I wouldn't recommend the picchotti for 24/7 as I've had expandable jewellery and if they need repair it's very difficult. You always have to have them serviced by the brand that makes them, not a local trusted jeweller that you may know. Hope this helps.

I agree, I think interlocking, expandable chain work is too sensitive for daily wear and you would be much better off with the clash. It’s also much easier to get it serviced or fixed when out and about as well.

If you love expandable stuff you could always look into something cheaper like an Italian charm brand. I love my nomination jewellery but I wouldn’t take a financial hit if it’s breaks.

TLDR if you want to pay for a investment item for daily wear go with cartier.

Get the ring you like more, ring which puts smile on your face. Don’t worry too much about wear and tear, it will happen to any piece eventually regardless of design. I have a bunch of ‘impractical’, generally speaking, rings which I wear daily, spray them with hand sanitizer :wtf: , use soap on, etc. I’m not going to pretend they look pristine, they show wear if you look closely, of course they do. If you want to wear jewellery you like, can’t keep thinking about the abuse it will undoubtedly take because thinking this way would make you never buy any piece. I voted for the expanding ring which is much more interesting.
Edit: I have expanding fope bracelet and have to say it’s anything but fragile for daily wear :smile:

Hey guys ! What do you think of the of expandable jewelry like this brand ? Is it a good option for everyday wear or is it more susceptible to damage ? I have my eye on this ring but in full platinum debating between this and the Cartier clash in Medium WG for everyday wear. I want to be able to cook, shower, go for a run, swim etc.. with no worry about bad damage other than normal everyday wear.

View attachment 5061000
I think it’s a very cool looking ring, something you don’t see everyday.

• Love
Reactions: 880 and limom
I voted expanding too.
Because the ring becomes a year around ring.
Have you tried to wear your ring in high humidity?
How about when you put on a couple of LBS?
The expending ring is more unique and practical, imo.
The clash without diamond is meh.
+1 With @limom and @Cool Breeze, and @Consumer2much, but I’m not the most practical person, and I don’t mind some wear and tear. and, I bring tons of things for repair when I remember to do so. (But I don’t generally sleep or shower in my jewelry)

If you care about the brand, the Clash ring is the obvious choice! I don’t think it will get damaged behind the normal wear and tear.

The expandable ring is good if your fingers swell up and down a lot / if you live in a place with a lot of temperature fluctuations.