Exotic Club Congo!!!

HURRAH!!! Another member!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs::yahoo:

It's been a bit lonely being a club of ONE! :tumbleweed:

I noticed the congo doesn't seem to have as large of a following as other the bags. That is one of the reasons I chose it. I have never seen anyone carrying one. The inner waterproof liner totally sold me. It is an extra layer of protection for my stuff.

Here is what is in my Congo MM. As you can see it fits the Macbook Pro 15.4" with a soft sleeve perfectly. The front pockets hold the charger, extension, mouse, remote and headphones. I have yet to wear it for a long period of time fully loaded, but when I do I will give an update on the comfort.

Attachments

• IMG_2046.jpg
    IMG_2046.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 92
Thanks so much for posting that, Mr Ho! I'd gone off measurements of both my Holly and the Congo MM and it seemed to work out, but it's fantastic to see your pics to be sure. My other option was the Damier Broadway, but the Congo is much better looking.

Now you just need to add some modelling shots! :smash::winkiss:

Wow, not much happening in the Congo Club :confused1:

I finally used mine fully loaded with laptop for an extended period. This bag is so great! Even with all the weight, it was still comfortable. I am yet to utilize the mesh pocket on the front though.

I was not a fan of the Congo until I saw it on a woman IRL a few months ago. I then saw the PM at the boutique a few weeks ago and I am in love. This could possibly be my next bag. To FrankieP and Mr. Ho, I have 2 questions:

- Is it hard to buckle and unbuckle this bag?
- How is the netting holding up? I am afraid it will snag easily.

TIA.

It's a great bag, Mat, you should definitely get one!

The buckle only takes a second to open, I haven't found it an issue but you could always leave it undone as the flap will still just sit there pretty much the same.

The netting has never snagged on anything.. I put my Cerises Ronde in the front there and it shows through the netting, it looks great! The string of the netting is thick and strong, and the knots are all identically made and these are tight too - I don't see the netting stretching out or being snagged on anything. If they did catch on something you'd be stopped dead and would have to unhook it, but it's never happened to me. The PM is a small bag anyway, my arm rests on it so it's not like it's massive and always bumping into things as it sits so close to the body.

:flowers:

Thanks FrankieP. I like the way you dress up your Congo, the Cerises Ronde is TDF. I need to get a messanger bag and I am debating between this and the Pochette Bosphore in Damier.

I need to go back to the boutique one day and try on the Congo again. I forgot to try it out across my body the last time, I will try to do it this time. Thanks again.

I was not a fan of the Congo until I saw it on a woman IRL a few months ago. I then saw the PM at the boutique a few weeks ago and I am in love. This could possibly be my next bag. To FrankieP and Mr. Ho, I have 2 questions:

- Is it hard to buckle and unbuckle this bag?
- How is the netting holding up? I am afraid it will snag easily.

TIA.

I, as well, have never had the netting snag on anything. I was a little worried when I got it, if it would snag or become frayed. After using it for awhile now, I am not worried at all.

Also a concern for me, was how easy it would unbuckle. I like to have fast access to the interior so, I was a little worried the buckles would slow me down. Turns out they undo very easily when you need them to. After a short use I was worried they would undo themselves but, they hold tight when I wear the bag. When I need access to my wallet, I spin the bag around to my front and unbuckle it in mere seconds. I can undo and re-buckle with one hand.

I say get the Congo (of course!)! :tup:

The Bosphores are easy to come by, but Congo is discontinued, unique, and fabulous. I have crossbody pics if you'd like to see it worn that way.. it's super comfortable as the strap is so wide.

I'd still love one of these in MM!

Thank you both for your extensive feedback Mr. Ho and FranklieP. I went to LV and tried on the PM yesterday and my heart literally skipped a beat. I am totally sold on this bag.

My problem is that bag is discontinued and I am on a HUGE ban till the Banff's meet in May. There are 3PMs left in Canada. I am going to have to do a lot of selling to my DH so that he would approve this purchase. Keep your fingers crossed for me that the PM is still going to be available in May so I could join this fantastic club!!!

Last edited:
Here are some internal pictures of the Congo MM, with and without the waterproof inner liner.

Attachments

• IMG_0034.jpg
    IMG_0034.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0033.jpg
    IMG_0033.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0032.jpg
    IMG_0032.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 67