Exercising after V line surgery or rhino?

JessicaCorbyn

Mar 21, 2016
How soon can I exercise after V line surgery + zygoma, or rhino? For example when is it safe to jog or more vigorous exercises?

I will do activities that do not risk bumping the surgeries ofc :smile:

I'll give it a month for light exercise and 3 months for more intense exercise. Any activity which carries a risk of injuring your nose or facial area should be avoided completely. Eg. basketball, football, MMA (pretty obvious) etc.

Reactions: JessicaCorbyn
I'll give it a month for light exercise and 3 months for more intense exercise. Any activity which carries a risk of injuring your nose or facial area should be avoided completely. Eg. basketball, football, MMA (pretty obvious) etc.

Thank you. Yeah I wont be risking injury :smile: What about things like pilates etc., is it safe to have a lot of blood rushing to my head or putting the wounds in an upside position?

I'm doing high intensity workout and fast choreography dance (involving moving my head a lot), when do you guys think I'd be able to do that after surgery?

How soon can I exercise after V line surgery + zygoma, or rhino? For example when is it safe to jog or more vigorous exercises?

I will do activities that do not risk bumping the surgeries ofc :smile:
I started exercising again after 6 weeks for my previous two surgeries and felt fine. The running helped with the swelling as well. Breathing might be a problem though depending on your body - my nose ran a lot more than usual (although my nose has run a lot more than pre-surgery so this may be an effect of the surgery rather than exercise).

On an unrelated note...might you be a Corbyn fan??

I think it was at least 1 month till you can exercise after v-line surgery. (vigorous exercises)
I moved around and walked around before that (just lightly) to get rid of swelling and that helped a lot.
Hope that helps! Happy recovery! :smile: