Exercising after V line surgery or rhino?

JessicaCorbyn

Mar 21, 2016
How soon can I exercise after V line surgery + zygoma, or rhino? For example when is it safe to jog or more vigorous exercises?

I will do activities that do not risk bumping the surgeries ofc :smile:

oreocream

Jun 8, 2016
I'll give it a month for light exercise and 3 months for more intense exercise. Any activity which carries a risk of injuring your nose or facial area should be avoided completely. Eg. basketball, football, MMA (pretty obvious) etc.

Reactions: JessicaCorbyn

JessicaCorbyn

Mar 21, 2016
I'll give it a month for light exercise and 3 months for more intense exercise. Any activity which carries a risk of injuring your nose or facial area should be avoided completely. Eg. basketball, football, MMA (pretty obvious) etc.
Thank you. Yeah I wont be risking injury :smile: What about things like pilates etc., is it safe to have a lot of blood rushing to my head or putting the wounds in an upside position?

lovelypeach

Lovely peach (재미없어)
Nov 29, 2016
I'm doing high intensity workout and fast choreography dance (involving moving my head a lot), when do you guys think I'd be able to do that after surgery?

dailyjubes87

Mar 13, 2017
i read it should be at least a month post-op for intense exercise. Though moderate exercises like walking and such are recommended starting from a few days post op

Aug 26, 2017
I'm doing high intensity workout and fast choreography dance (involving moving my head a lot), when do you guys think I'd be able to do that after surgery?
Definitely check with your doctor/clinic. But I think it's typically a month before you can resume exercise of any kind.

muppets

Apr 1, 2013
How soon can I exercise after V line surgery + zygoma, or rhino? For example when is it safe to jog or more vigorous exercises?

I will do activities that do not risk bumping the surgeries ofc :smile:
I started exercising again after 6 weeks for my previous two surgeries and felt fine. The running helped with the swelling as well. Breathing might be a problem though depending on your body - my nose ran a lot more than usual (although my nose has run a lot more than pre-surgery so this may be an effect of the surgery rather than exercise).

On an unrelated note...might you be a Corbyn fan??

lemon90

Dec 21, 2015
I think it was at least 1 month till you can exercise after v-line surgery. (vigorous exercises)
I moved around and walked around before that (just lightly) to get rid of swelling and that helped a lot.
Hope that helps! Happy recovery! :smile:

kkpeobee

Sofa King Banned
Sep 6, 2017
What about sex? (surely I'm not the only one wondering..)
I had rhino and had no sex for about 2 weeks after surgury just due looking like a monster (there were significant amounts of bruising to my face haha).

Depending on your surgery I think you could be back in action in a few days though!

Reactions: peri.winkle