Exchanging the Trouville ordeal

I'm so glad I've never had any problems like this! I can't believe that LV would even give someone a damaged bag let alone try and refuse to exchange it. I understand that they have to be careful because of people trying to scam them but when an honest customer gets treated like that it really sucks! I would definatly not only write a letter of praise for the woman the was helpful, but I would complain about the woman that was rude too!!

shopaholiccat said:
oooh i had a similar story. I got a speedy 30 mono at NYC's saks last year. I specifically asked for a new one, but when i opened the back, he gave me a display one, the patina was dark and it had water marks on the handles i got so mad! so when i came back to toronto, i went to talk to holt on bloor. First i talked to the SA, he was being so rude. first he was saying that as you use ur speeedy, it will get darken even more so the marks will be gone anyway. After he was being more rude saying that I don't understand why would nyc does that (i even showed him the reciept) and he said oh its been 2 days. OMG i needed time to come back to t.o don't i? well anyway, me andmy sister got very mad at him so i guess the manager could hear us. so he came out and he was very nice. he said he was very sorry and that he will do an exchange. but becuase right now they didn't have the speedy in stock so he told me to wait and give me my number to him so he would call me back as soon as they get a brand new speedy :smile: and eventually i got it. he was sooo nice! i dunno his name but he's the asian guy who work at that store. oh what's better was when he called about the speedy, i was like you think i can get another bag becuase i dun really like the speedy now, and he gladly exchanged a josephine PM in cherry for me :smile:

--ooo he told me to file a complain about the SA in nyc through 866. and i did :heart:

OOOO... something similar happened to my Aunt!!! We went to the Louis Vuitton store at the Forum Shops at Ceaser's and she purchased a large epi bag I forget which one in the mocha. She made sure to tell she SA to get her one from the back and not the display one. But when we got back to our hotel and opened up the box.... he had given her the display one and there was a 1.5 inch long deep scratch on it. We had to go all the way back over there and pay cab fair. Turns out, there was no other mocha one left so he had just given her the display. AND, they wouldnt make an exception to give her her money back (she had JUST paid in cash about 30 minutes ago), so she just got it in the black epi. Outrageous huh? So I always feel crazy to have to double check before leaving the mall.