Exchanging a jumbo bought before increase?

barbie444

O.G.
Nov 1, 2009
Hi Everyone,
I want some insight before asking my SA. Before the increase I decided I wanted another black jumbo so I got on the wait list, I already have a black one with silver and I also have a m/L in black with gold. But I thought I needed a jumbo with gold. Anyway by the time they got the jumbo the increase had happened a week before but the lovely SA I was working with honored the pre-increase price, because I was on the wait list way before the increase happened. Anyway It's been a month and a half and the jumbo is sitting the box with tags and all. I just don see the need for it, I wanted to maybe exchange for a red jumbo, but I don't want to pay $5500, would it be an even exchange or would I have to pay the difference?
Thanks!

Hi Everyone,
I want some insight before asking my SA. Before the increase I decided I wanted another black jumbo so I got on the wait list, I already have a black one with silver and I also have a m/L in black with gold. But I thought I needed a jumbo with gold. Anyway by the time they got the jumbo the increase had happened a week before but the lovely SA I was working with honored the pre-increase price, because I was on the wait list way before the increase happened. Anyway It's been a month and a half and the jumbo is sitting the box with tags and all. I just don see the need for it, I wanted to maybe exchange for a red jumbo, but I don't want to pay $5500, would it be an even exchange or would I have to pay the difference?
Thanks!
Congrats on your latest jumbo! I think if you exchanged it for a different color, you'd have to pay the difference. I think you were lucky that the SA honored the older price (heard that doesn't typically happen), and would you need to be on a new waiting list for the red? If so, I think that would be even less possibility. However, since you have a nice SA, maybe ask her?

I think you SA was super nice to honor the old price and that was awesome customer service. I was on the waitlist for a WOC and it came in the day they went up which was a week before the official price increase. For some reason the WOCs wen up early. My SA told me he had to charge me the new price. I purchased a couple other bags from him and a boy bag at the same time of the WOC so I was a little disappointed inside. It was Nordstrom so I probably could have got him to honor the old price and wish I would have said something because it was still the old price at several stores. I do not think it hurts to ask if you do so in a polite manner and have no expectations regarding doing an even exchange. However, I doubt if you could do an even exchange because it is a totally different bag and the pre-fall red jumbo was not even out pre price increase. The 5500 price tag is steep but if you want the bag and will use it then the add'l cost is worth it. I am waiting for a red caviar jumbo and hope one will be released for cruise 2014.

I would keep the black caviar jumbo with gold hardware. I personally think you will regret about returning the bag. Besides, they will only exchange for same color if the bag is defect. Otherwise, you will have to pay differences. Maybe I am biased because I have both black jumbos caviar with shw and ghw and also m/l medium ghw too. I love them all equally.

I really think you are pushing your luck (and the SA) to try to exchange it for a new bag that was never at the old price. I think you just need to figure that if you decide to exchange it, you'll have to pay the difference. You were lucky the one time, but again, I think it's really being pushy to put your SA on the spot again.

i really think you are pushing your luck (and the sa) to try to exchange it for a new bag that was never at the old price. I think you just need to figure that if you decide to exchange it, you'll have to pay the difference. You were lucky the one time, but again, i think it's really being pushy to put your sa on the spot again.

+ 1

I tried to do this 2 years ago to change from a 227 to a 226 and it was a firm no. I even talked to the merchandise manager. So I ended up returning it as it was still within the refund period. I am glad I returned it even though it was at the pre-increased price, as it was not what I wanted.