Exchange policy in France

cclady

Jan 8, 2014
Dear ladies,
First of all i want to thank everyone here who is very helpful and passionate in this forum. I've learned so much by just reading every thread here.

So here is the story. My mom is on a trip in europe so I asked her if she could buy me a reissue 226 in black distressed leather in RHW when she was in Paris 2 days ago. She found the reissue after visiting the 2nd chanel store but we both just realized that she bought the caviar instead! Hiksss i really appreciate my mom's effort but i feel awwwweful too. She can't go back to Paris because her travel group is now moving on some place else in France. The worst thing (maybe it's not that worst) will just be she bring it back to my country and either i learn to accept it or just sell it right away. But i just wonder if anyone know the return policy in Europe: can you exchange the bag you bought in Paris at a store in Nice or Bordeaux (both in France) or Zurich (Switzerland)? I don't want to ruin my mom's trip there but jut wondering,,, if it's possible.

Any input will be greatly appreciated, even tips to see the bright side of this. Thank you all.

I've been dreaming about reissue distressed leather for the past year after getting other styles for the past 2 years - a black caviar tImeless tote wih magnetic closure in SHW, a dark red reissue tote wih distressed leather which was love at the first sight, and a black caviar gst with shw. I was in agony when i heard the price increase but i want to get this reissue anyway since i noticed it becomes more rare and difficult to find, and it'll increase again who knows when! so the best price i can still justified is if i buy it in europe.

I think she would be able to exchange it if it's within a few days of the purchase. Just have her call up the boutique she bought from (or you can do that) and explain the wrong leather type was bought and that you want to exchange it for the distress calf. I'd think they'd work with you on this. Best of luck.

Ow thanks a lot tutu for your tips! By the way i notice you've been very generous in giving insights to people here and i experience it now first hand :smile: i'll give it a try. Thank you!

Ow thanks a lot tutu for your tips! By the way i notice you've been very generous in giving insights to people here and i experience it now first hand :smile: i'll give it a try. Thank you!

You are so very welcome and thank you for your kind words. I surely hope it all works out and you get your dream bag! :smile:

Dear ladies,
First of all i want to thank everyone here who is very helpful and passionate in this forum. I've learned so much by just reading every thread here.

So here is the story. My mom is on a trip in europe so I asked her if she could buy me a reissue 226 in black distressed leather in RHW when she was in Paris 2 days ago. She found the reissue after visiting the 2nd chanel store but we both just realized that she bought the caviar instead! Hiksss i really appreciate my mom's effort but i feel awwwweful too. She can't go back to Paris because her travel group is now moving on some place else in France. The worst thing (maybe it's not that worst) will just be she bring it back to my country and either i learn to accept it or just sell it right away. But i just wonder if anyone know the return policy in Europe: can you exchange the bag you bought in Paris at a store in Nice or Bordeaux (both in France) or Zurich (Switzerland)? I don't want to ruin my mom's trip there but jut wondering,,, if it's possible.

Any input will be greatly appreciated, even tips to see the bright side of this. Thank you all.
I once bought a bag in Paris and back home noticed the lining had a hole and exchanged the bag in Amsterdam within 7 days with no problem.

Dear bibi2526, is that so? Will there be a problem with tax difference? Because my mom's chance to exchange it will be in zurich/switzerland, which i think has less tax refund than france.

Dear bibi2526, is that so? Will there be a problem with tax difference? Because my mom's chance to exchange it will be in zurich/switzerland, which i think has less tax refund than france.
Yes, but the price of the bag was the same (in euro's) despite the little tax difference. Switzerland doesn't have euro and I'm not aware of their tax refund so I don't know how they would excange the bag. If your mom is still in the south of France the excange would be fine. Good luck!

I once purchased a bag from the Rue Cambon store in Paris, and exchanged it in the Chicago store in the US without any problems. I think you should be able to exchange at any Chanel store as long as its within 14 days.

I once purchased a bag from the Rue Cambon store in Paris, and exchanged it in the Chicago store in the US without any problems. I think you should be able to exchange at any Chanel store as long as its within 14 days.

If I purchase the bag in Paris but decide to exchange for another color in the US, is it an even exchange? Te price for GST for example, is a lot cheaper in Paris, so how will the exchange process work? Thanks!!

thank you all for your response. i called chanel store in zurich yesterday and they say yes, my mom can exchange the bag, but will need some price adjustment because switzerland is not part of european union thing (?! suddenly forget what the terminology is). ahhhh!! and the tax refund is only 6%. i made a quick calculation and figure that i have to pay around USD700 more than paris, yet still usd 550 less than if bought in USA (with 7% tax for example).

so reissue 226 in:
- USA: USD 5500 + 7% tax = USD 5885
- france: E3950 - 13% tax = E3436 = USD 4730, where my mom bought my reissue caviar
(my sister said it's not full 20% as mentioned in spotted fashion)
- switzerland: SF 5060 (swiss francs) - 6% = SF 4756 = USD 5359, where she will exchange the reissue caviar with distressed one.

do you guys think it's worth additional usd 600 - 700 to exchange it in switzerland to get what i want, which is distressed leather, instead of caviar? or just accept that the caviar is coming with my mom next week, so either i learn to embrace it (since i haven't seen the product anyway) or sell it if i don't like it?

i wish it could be negotiated but switzerland is totally a country of its own! why didn't they make friends with their neighbouring countries?! i've booked the distressed leather already in chanel zurich (the SA is actually very nice) but i haven't told my mom to make a little detour once arrive in zurich. coincidently her hotel will be located 2 blocks away from the store :smile: what do you guys think?

thank you all for your response. i called chanel store in zurich yesterday and they say yes, my mom can exchange the bag, but will need some price adjustment because switzerland is not part of european union thing (?! suddenly forget what the terminology is). ahhhh!! and the tax refund is only 6%. i made a quick calculation and figure that i have to pay around USD700 more than paris, yet still usd 550 less than if bought in USA (with 7% tax for example).

so reissue 226 in:
- france: E3950 - 13% tax = E3436 = USD 4730, where my mom bought my reissue caviar
- switzerland: SF 5060 (swiss francs) - 6% = SF 4756 = USD 5359, where she will exchange the reissue caviar with distressed one.

do you guys think it's worth additional usd 600 - 700 to exchange it in switzerland to get what i want, which is distressed leather, instead of caviar? or just accept that the caviar is coming with my mom next week, so either i learn to embrace it (since i haven't seen the product anyway) or sell it if i don't like it?

i wish it could be negotiated but switzerland is totally a country of its own! why didn't they make friends with their neighbouring countries?! i've booked the distressed leather already in chanel zurich (the SA is actually very nice) but i haven't told my mom to make a little detour once arrive in zurich. coincidently her hotel will be located 2 blocks away from the store :smile: what do you guys think?
well if you sell it you on ebay it's a pain because of all the scammers out there. although you might get a nice buyer. i don't think you should learn to embrace a bag that you aren't in love with. ya it sux to pay more but if your still saving over buying in the usa then i say go for it. you wanna look at your new bag and smile!! :biggrin: the last thing you wanna do is look at your bag and have regrets.

so reissue 226 in:

You should exchange it, and get the one you're really love.