Exchange my HG bag?

Exchange my HG bag?

• Keep it - I may regret getting rid of it.

• Exchange it for the Totally pm in AZUR.

• Exchange it for the Totally pm in MONO.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shoebaglady

~Totes & Pockets~
Oct 5, 2011
~Canada~
Many of you read that I had finally found my HG bag that started my love for LV when I was 8yrs. It is the Petit Noe in Mono. I have had it since Dec 16th and it has yet to see the light of day. I don't know what it is but I have no desire to use it.

Do I exchange it for something that I will actually use or keep it for the fact I have been in love with the petit noe for so long?!?!?

If I do exchange it, it would be for mono or azur totally pm.

Advice?

jmaemonte

O.G.
Oct 13, 2008
Reno, NV
Wow. I was actually in your shoes once. I had a leopard Stephen and I never carried it because it was too delicate. :sad: I adored that bag. It was my HG. Finally, after a year I sold it and funded a couple of bags that I carry all of the time. I decided that it is pointless to have something hiding away in my closet. Now I never buy anything I don't use frequently and I don't regret my decision to get rid of the Stephen. I completely understand your dilemma and wish you the best of luck with your decision.

needlv

O.G.
Jan 11, 2008
Australia
Why haven't you used it? Are you afraid of dirtying the vachetta? doesn't fit your wardrobe? doesn't suit your style? doesn't sit well against your body when carrying it??

mrs.JC

LV and Let LV
O.G.
Jun 18, 2010
Midwest (formerly Honolulu)
Maybe the chase was more exciting than the catch. I feel the same way about my Chanel and Balenciaga. I think I loved it on others, but I don't feel them when I wear them. :sad:

LVLoveaffair

Bagaholic
O.G.
Jul 16, 2009
Sunny Florida
Many of you read that I had finally found my HG bag that started my love for LV when I was 8yrs. It is the Petit Noe in Mono. I have had it since Dec 16th and it has yet to see the light of day. I don't know what it is but I have no desire to use it.

Do I exchange it for something that I will actually use or keep it for the fact I have been in love with the petit noe for so long?!?!?

If I do exchange it, it would be for mono or azur totally pm.

Advice?
Maybe you're not really feeling the bag that much after all...especially since you have two other bags already lined up that you'd consider for an exchange! I used to lust after the Galliera PM in ebene which was a SO that LV no longer does. A few had actually popped up on the bay after about a year of drooling but by then I no longer had that same urge for it anymore. I've seen them come and go and the urge hasn't come back. I say exchange the PN for a totally Azur! You can always get the Noe at a later date if you find you really want it again. HTH!!:smile:

BTW, the ebene Galliera was my ultimate HG!!!!!

chikapinku

saving. mostly.
Aug 22, 2009
Australia
A sticky situation in which to be, OP. I loved the story of your finally getting your HG after so long, I have to say, but if you're not feeling it for whatever reason you should first figure out why you're not feeling it, and then exchange. Perhaps the Petit Noe is one of those bags you're destined to admire from afar, and that isn't a bad thing.

crumpy

Aug 2, 2010
I would return it. I would feel bad spending a lot of money for something and not feel like using it.

AnaVeronika

May 1, 2011
Croatia
I think you should keep it and I think you would eventually wear it. You could always save some money for totally but this bag would remind you on your childhood memories.

dcooney4

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
I had also wanted your bag for a long time so much so that my stepdad even bought me a lv scarf to put through the top instead of a drawstring. When I finally saved the money for it and went to buy it, I just found that it was not a comfortable fit for me. I ended up getting something different.

LouChanMiuBal

Nov 30, 2011
Indonesia
it's a tough one...i know how it feels, whether to let go of your dream bag or have it sitting in the closet
my advice: why not save up more money to buy your next bag, Totally, and keep the PN. Because if PN is really your dream bag, and you sell it, the feeling of wanting it back will come back to you (it happened to me). And try to bring the PN out once in a while, maybe to dinner or special occasion. Besides, PN and Totally, IMO, serve different purposes: PN is more stylish kinda bag, while Totally is a daily workhorse bag.

And I vote for the Azur, since your PN is in mono...

Hopefully it helps :biggrin: Good luck deciding

RhudyTootie

Animal Lover :)
O.G.
Jan 4, 2008
North Carolina
I'm going through the exact same thing with my Mirage Speedy! I think she is absolutely stunning, but I never use her.

I vote for the Totally PM in Azur. I just got my first Azur bag (the speedy 35) and think it will end up being one of my all-time favorite LV's.

Good luck and let us know what you decide! :smile:

Yikkie

Avid Purse Lover!
O.G.
May 26, 2008
A sunny, happy place!
I had the same experience with one or two bags I owned...been hunting everywhere for them but once I laid my hands on them...I lost that loving feeling :wondering

If you're really not loving the petit noe, exchange it for a bag that you WILL be using (I think azur totally pm is AWESOME). You can always get the petit noe again, if for some reason you do miss it, since it's not likely to be discontinued.

clu13

Shoe and Bag Addict
O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
Charlotte, NC
If you truly will not use it, exchange it. If it is fear of the vachetta, which is understandable, you can always look at preloved, as there tons of them out there.