Exchange for classic mini?

Nad21

Mar 21, 2019
Just bought my second Chanel and I am questioning my decision. I already own a classic flap jumbo in caviar and this time I wanted a smaller bag that could go from day to night. Salesperson really pushed me to get the classic flap mini but I don’t know, I just wanted a different shape and style so ended up with a 19p daily chevron flap for $3900. I do love the bag and would be sad to see it go but the inside is not leather and it’s a button closure so I’m now questioning the value of the bag and thinking the classic mini, even though less expensive provides more value and would also fit my desire for a day to night bag. I have attached a photo of the bag I bought. Should I exchange for classic mini? Thoughts please?

Attachments

• 7629EB9F-75F0-41FA-91D3-603B9B4A8384.jpeg
    7629EB9F-75F0-41FA-91D3-603B9B4A8384.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 894
Hi dear!
Welcome to the forum :smile:

I did not see this bag in person and cannot tell about functionality.
Do you really love it? Or did you get it because the mini was not available right now?
I learn now with Chanel that when I have some doubts about a bag, I should return it.

But only you can tell...

I hope you will get more feedback.
All the best and good luck with your decision.

Reactions: lvchanellvr
Hi dear!
Welcome to the forum :smile:

I did not see this bag in person and cannot tell about functionality.
Do you really love it? Or did you get it because the mini was not available right now?
I learn now with Chanel that when I have some doubts about a bag, I should return it.

But only you can tell...

I hope you will get more feedback.
All the best and good luck with your decision.
I got it because it was my favorite of what they had available. Did not initially love it but liked it more in my closet. Checking with my SA now about availability of a mini...

Reactions: Chanelandco
Thank you, can anyone elaborate on why? Is it because you don’t like this bag or just that the mini is a classic?
As you wear this bag over time, I can see the ends of the front flap flipping upwards. I prefer the mini as it has a more classic look to it. Due to the fact that your SA pushed you buy this bag, I would not work with him/her again. I trust there is a liberal return policy where you can get a full refund. If a mini is available, I would exchange it for that instead. However, only lambskin is offered for 19S collection so it is something you need to consider before purchasing. Lambskin will definitely show wear and tear quickly and because of the material it is not an everyday bag unless you don't mind the look of nicks, faint scratches, etc.

As you wear this bag over time, I can see the ends of the front flap flipping upwards. I prefer the mini as it has a more classic look to it. Due to the fact that your SA pushed you buy this bag, I would not work with him/her again. I trust there is a liberal return policy where you can get a full refund. If a mini is available, I would exchange it for that instead. However, only lambskin is offered for 19S collection so it is something you need to consider before purchasing. Lambskin will definitely show wear and tear quickly and because of the material it is not an everyday bag unless you don't mind the look of nicks, faint scratches, etc.
Thank you. Actually no, the SA really pushed me to get the mini, she said I can never go wrong with a classic, I think she’s a keeper for that!

I actually like that this bag is different from the classic flap but not so different that it would go out of style. But if you’re hesitating then maybe wait for something else and maybe that something isn’t a mini or this one.

Thank you. Actually no, the SA really pushed me to get the mini, she said I can never go wrong with a classic, I think she’s a keeper for that!
My mistake, I misread the sentence, the SA did push you to buy the mini and not this seasonal item. It isn't a bad style; I just prefer the mini. Agreed, your SA is a keeper!

Just bought my second Chanel and I am questioning my decision. I already own a classic flap jumbo in caviar and this time I wanted a smaller bag that could go from day to night. Salesperson really pushed me to get the classic flap mini but I don’t know, I just wanted a different shape and style so ended up with a 19p daily chevron flap for $3900. I do love the bag and would be sad to see it go but the inside is not leather and it’s a button closure so I’m now questioning the value of the bag and thinking the classic mini, even though less expensive provides more value and would also fit my desire for a day to night bag. I have attached a photo of the bag I bought. Should I exchange for classic mini? Thoughts please?
I agree- this bag is a stunner and I would say classic with a retro 80’s old Chanel feel. I reminds me a little of the Diana bag! I have not seen this in person, but it keeps catching my eye when I look at the website- so I am a fan. My only concern- I have a WOC, and the snap closure is a flippin nightmare! I really have to work to close it, especially when I overfill it (often). If you want to use it daily, will that open close drive you crazy??? If it was for evening/ less use, I think it’s worth keeping!! I am getting a bit over the mini- everyone in the world has it :sad:

Reactions: RasberryLV