Exchange for azur or take the store credit?

Gimmethebag

Gimme Gimme Gimme
O.G.
Dec 2, 2008
My future in-laws have graciously given me an Eva clutch for my birthday. To be honest, I'm really bummed out. There's two negatives to this gift: one, it's in mono and I already have a mono pochette with optional chain and two, the leather strap is ridiculously long on me and will never be used.

I'm deciding between two options:

1. Show my fMIL and fFIL that I appreciate their gift and exchange it only for color. I don't have anything Azur because I'm afraid of denim rub off (work for a denim company, so I wear dark denim often) and with the chain the Eva sits high enough that this will be a non- issue. The Eva is no where roomy enough to fit my daily essentials. It fits exactly as much as a pochette does for me, so it will basically be $550 spent on a bag that I may use once a month or so.

2. Just take the store credit and eventually use the credit towards something else. This really bums me out, because I really don't like the idea of having to spend more out of pocket. I'm recently engaged and we have a ton of expenses coming up between the wedding, travelling to plan this wedding, the holidays, moving and buying more furniture/decor for a bigger place. I don't really like the idea of shelling out a few hundred bucks to make something of the store credit.

What would you do?

Last edited:
That's a hard call but I think I would be honest and return for credit. The thought will be there and you will always think of them and your DH to B when in use. I hope this helps

If your future in laws are OK with this, Option 2, since you're not that fond of Azur. You don't have to buy bags, maybe wallet or other accessories?

Option 1

It's probably just my conservative asian upbringing, but for me exchanging gifts for store credit or refunds are a strict nono...

or if they really don't mind thn option 1, bring them with you when you DO go back in to buy smthing you really like...

If your future in laws are OK with this, Option 2, since you're not that fond of Azur. You don't have to buy bags, maybe wallet or other accessories?

My fiancé suggested just exchanging it out for LV jewelry or sunglasses. It's hard because while it's always nice having more LV I'm pretty content with my current LV wallet/cles/sunglasses/designer jewelry. I don't have a ton of stuff, but what I have is very nice and used often.

I think they would prefer you having something you truly love! Instead of keeping something you dont like to spare there feelings. Get something you want, I dont think they would mind!

I would exchange it and get something you would use. I'm not a fan of a credit b/c since it's a gift you could show them what you got instead and not too much time had pass. You don't want them thinking that an LV present wasn't what you wanted. An Azur Neverfull or Speedy 25 isn't too much more and azur is a great summer pattern. GL!

Personally I would keep the gift; even if you only use it one or twice a month, it's a nice option to have.

We just saw a lady with the Eva; she carried it with just the chain and it was very pretty.