Excessive Shipping Charges?

As others have mentioned, you won't be able to file a dispute over the excessive shipping charges, but she definitely didn't pay $33.00 for shipping, so you could leave feedback reflecting that.

I ship to Canada a lot from the US, and the customs forms that you have to use for Priority or Express are different than if you ship first class. The little green form (that she used) is for first class; a large white form is used for the other more expensive services. You might try sending her another e-mail to mention this, but from her first response, it doesn't sound like she'll refund.

What she marked the customs form for won't make a difference either though; customs can charge duties for any items that are valued at $50.00 or more; I don't know if that $20 difference on your package would really change what you got charged, though you can definitely call customs to see.

We refund shipping quite often. If your selller agreed to ship by a more expensive method, then changed it to a less expensive method and keeps the "change", that sounds like fraud to me.

If they continue to not respond, I would contact the Bonanzle folks. They seem personable and eager to do the right thing. If nothing else, the seller has been brought to their attention. They do not want sellers dealing like that any more than you do.

Good luck.:smile:

i did sent her another message with the picture of the postage mark, suggesting that maybe she was thinking about another package when she said that it cost $33 to ship, i didn't want to outright say she was lying about the cost,
i don't really care to much about the cost, but i don't like being scammed,

but she did send me a reply

here's my messages:
Me:
"Are you sure that the cost to ship this parcel was over $33? because the postmark on this package has the cost of only $13.83
I actually took some photos of the parcel to show you the postmark:
http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt323/bakamusic/019.jpg
http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt323/bakamusic/020.jpg
the postmark clearly shows that the U.S Postage cost is 13.83[/I][/SIZE]
maybe you have the cost mixed up with another package you’ve recently sent out? "

Seller:
"I am sure that is what I paid for the shipping… I do not have this mixed up with another package I shipped because this has been by far the most expensive package I have ever shipped! I have never shipped internationally before. As I had said in my previous email, I cannot send a package to New York of that same size for that price. I do not know how they charge you on site, but that is NOT the price I paid for your package. As I stated in the terms of my auction this is a FINAL sale, so any kinds of refunds are out of the question. I am sorry you are displeased or do not believe me on the shipping…. but I am telling the truth and that is all to be said."

I'm just going to send a message to bonazle and leave it at that, since it does seems like she kinda getting defensive,

i just wanted to give her the opportunity to admit her mistake without getting embrassed, but it doesn't look like i'm going to get any refund, next time i'll be more careful buying online

i did sent her another message with the picture of the postage mark, suggesting that maybe she was thinking about another package when she said that it cost $33 to ship, i didn't want to outright say she was lying about the cost,
i don't really care to much about the cost, but i don't like being scammed,

but she did send me a reply

here's my messages:
Me:

Seller

I'm just going to send a message to bonazle and leave it at that, since it does seems like she kinda getting defensive,

i just wanted to give her the opportunity to admit her mistake without getting embrassed, but it doesn't look like i'm going to get any refund, next time i'll be more careful buying online

to clear up any confusion - in case there is a difference between that sticker and what she paid - you could ask her to send you a copy of the receipt she was given at the PO. Anytime you ship something from the PO and pay, they give you a printed receipt that itemizes all of your charges and shows how much you paid (I believe pkg #s are printed on the receipt as well - in this case, the number from the customs form - so there wouldn't be any confusion as to whether or not the receipt was for this package

As a seller, if shipping turns out to be >$5 less than what I charged, I will refund it. And I still get complaints about my shipping charges, even if I direct them to the postal website with all the measurements, etc.

As a buyer, I just had a US seller charge me $22 for an envelope via First Class Mail. That's after having to talk them down from $40 for First Class Mail. A realistic estimate would have been @$6. Talk about excessive Shipping Charges!

Sorry I can't say anything to help OP. But there was a couple of times when I had to refund shipping after I shipped an item out, even if the difference was $5 or less. But I would look more into this if the postage states 13. I don't know about customs or any other stuff that deals with international shipping. I'm sorry I can't be much help but good luck to you.

Are you sure she didn't take it some where and have it packed? I made the mistake of doing that when I was a new ebayer. I think I went to UPS and it cost a fortune just to have them pack with with some peanuts. She may have figured that in to the cost and it would not be on the sticker. Other than that I find it very strange that she would lie to you when the sticker clearly states 13.83. Not only that, but she shipped it via a different method than disclosed which would tick me off. If I were her I would just give you a refund.

As a seller, if shipping turns out to be >$5 less than what I charged, I will refund it. And I still get complaints about my shipping charges, even if I direct them to the postal website with all the measurements, etc.

As a buyer, I just had a US seller charge me $22 for an envelope via First Class Mail. That's after having to talk them down from $40 for First Class Mail. A realistic estimate would have been @$6. Talk about excessive Shipping Charges!

I approach it on a more holistic manner. Sometimes sellers wanna save fees and so they list it at $0.99 but slap you with a $40 S&H fee. I've paid those crazy rates before only because the final price of the item was still less than what I would have paid retail. Not the way but I can understand why they'd wanna circumvent fees.

I approach it on a more holistic manner. Sometimes sellers wanna save fees and so they list it at $0.99 but slap you with a $40 S&H fee. I've paid those crazy rates before only because the final price of the item was still less than what I would have paid retail. Not the way but I can understand why they'd wanna circumvent fees.

I do the same. The one thing I try to keep in mind with these purchases: If the item needs to be returned, I would probably only get the 99 cents back, not the shipping.