Excessive Shipping Charge $100?

If they aren't sending it USPS and are using FedEx or UPS it CAN run that much VERY easily. I also think since USPS leaves USPS hands at customs and is delivered by local mail, it isn't the safest. I was quoted over 100 for a larger bag by UPS the other day. Shipping prices are HIGH!

Shoes probably cost me 15 - 20 dollars with insurance and signature confirmation and I usually just charge 10 because I don't want to lose bidders b/c of high shipping. Maybe its because of high oil prices.

If they aren't sending it USPS and are using FedEx or UPS it CAN run that much VERY easily. I also think since USPS leaves USPS hands at customs and is delivered by local mail, it isn't the safest. I was quoted over 100 for a larger bag by UPS the other day. Shipping prices are HIGH!

Shoes probably cost me 15 - 20 dollars with insurance and signature confirmation and I usually just charge 10 because I don't want to lose bidders b/c of high shipping. Maybe its because of high oil prices.

No, she will use USPS, not UPS. She will use USPS Priority Mail, not USPS Global Express Mail. Global Express is more expensive than Priority. I usually purchase from USA sellers and also sell to USA. I know the shipping charge from and to USA.

I purchased large and heavy LV bag from USA. I think it almost 5 up to 8 times heavier than this item I purchase. Seller charged me for $40 and I look into shipping invoice, it's USPS Global Express MAil and post office charged her for something around $100 so I can't understand why an item such that light and sleek need $100 to ship by USPS Priority...

Is this from an experienced seller? Maybe they quoted something not really having an idea much it costs, without knowing the actual weight of the item. Some inexperienced sellers use the services of a shipping store which does cost a lot more to use, paying retail and extra for everything (boxes, chips, even the postage costs more!).

Shipping a small (under one cubic foot) 3lb item from the USA to Asia via USPS Express I think hovers between $35 to $40, but then go up from there with added insurance. The price of Priority Mail from the US to Asia is almost as high as Express, not worth sending Priority which you cannot track.

eMail the seller again for an actual quote explaining the above see if they can give you a realistic estimate or ask them to explain why the shipping costs are so high.

As the buyer, can't you request a certain shipping method? For example UPS Global express. That way you can get sense of the shipping cost and see if the seller is adding $50 handling fee or something insane!

you can check the USPS rates from their website : www.usps.com

but if you knew the shipping fee BEFORE bidding, then I do think it's too late to complain. Still excessive definitely, but you knew prior. But I'm guessing that the seller only told you AFTER the auction right?