Excessive Shipping Charge $100?

lvgodiva

O.G.
Jan 7, 2007
Hello, I purchased item which is not as large as balenciaga city. The measuring around 12" x 14" only. The item is so sleek and light. I ever had the similiar item.

Seller asked me shipping cost by USPS from USA to Asia for $100 :shocked:

I'm a seller myself! The most shipping charged I ever ask, it's for $55 only and for heavy and large bag like LV Manhattan GM, Keepall 60 and Suhali.

Yeah, even with insurance and using a track able method like EMS it should only be about $60-75. She must be adding in "handling fees" unless she's shipping in a very large box.

That's outrageous! Tell the seller that that is unacceptable. Find out his/her addy and do a USPS search on the fees. Inform her of what you've found and if she doesn't adjust the shipping charges, report her to ebay.

Is the item going from the US to Asia or vice versa? Ask her is she using EMS which will be a little more expensive but not that much!

I agree, check USPS' website to confirm the pricing.
For the record, though, it costs me $80 base price to ship to Europe/Asia/Australasia from Canada via Expresspost and if the item is valued around $1000, an additional $10 insurance. Add $5 for the box and the $100 price doesn't seem so unreasonable to me. I always underprice my shipping not to scare buyers off since it costs $40 just to send Express to the US and I charge $28...not always a good strategy as it adds up!

I agree that to ship something from the US, that's excessive. I'd ask the seller what kind of shipping method she uses, or alternatively look up shipping charges myself and ask if (s)he could please ship by [this or that service] I once had a seller quote me $113 to ship a pair of shoes to me in Europe by UPS, so I asked her if she could ship by USPS and the shoes arrived less than 10 days later for $9.95 :P

I'm in northern Europe, though, and shipping is much more expensive here than in the US (around $60 for a pair of shoes with tracking and insurance) :flowers: