excessive postage!

thanks but im not going to. Ive already sent him an email as well as additional feedback and i think that if he is decent he will refund me, if not then so be it.

thanks gals for all your advice!

mj: but if he has feedback that shows he does this on a regular basis, I would narc him out to eBay. Shipping costs are not the way to make a profit...pricing your item well is. Hope you will tell on him, as it is totally not fair.

Some sellers make the postage excessive cause they are trying to make more money than what their item sells for. I know that I have dealt with one seller that point blank stated in the listing that the postage included the listing cost of the item and addition amount for the FVF along with the cost of the postage and packing material.

Because Ebay calculates their fees off the selling price...not the postage. :sneaky:

exactly! after reading everyone's comments... I am curious as to how many of you sell on eBay? Ebay takes a certain cut (sometimes VERY hefty) of the final price of the bag. One high end bag can incur eBay and Paypal fees up to approx. $75.00 (trust me it happened to me with a bbag I sold)

I will admit, I will calculate listing, seller, and paypal fees into the shipping price. And trust me, I'm not the only one who does this. :sweatdrop:

exactly! after reading everyone's comments... I am curious as to how many of you sell on eBay? Ebay takes a certain cut (sometimes VERY hefty) of the final price of the bag. One high end bag can incur eBay and Paypal fees up to approx. $75.00 (trust me it happened to me with a bbag I sold)

I will admit, I will calculate listing, seller, and paypal fees into the shipping price. And trust me, I'm not the only one who does this. :sweatdrop:
Thats up to you but personally i keep away from listings with inflated postage prices. It feels wrong. I would rather pay more for an item and not feel bad done by shipping. Thats just me, maybe other people dont mind..

I hope you don't mention it your listings....By agreeing to paypals terms of service, you agree NOT to charge buyers your fees.

I charge a flat rate for shipping, sometimes I pay out of my pocket, sometimes I pocket some change, However, if I have misquoted shipping by $2 or more I refund the shipping.

I just refunded $2. excess shipping to 2 different buyers. From what I have heard, most buyers don't even look at the shipping unless it is really high...but I feel guilty if I charge too much.

Thats up to you but personally i keep away from listings with inflated postage prices. It feels wrong. I would rather pay more for an item and not feel bad done by shipping. Thats just me, maybe other people dont mind..

Same here! I'd rather say that I spent $30 on something with $5 in postage than spending $15 on something and $25 in postage.

I've paid $35 in postage, but that was for a Louis Vuitton bag from China that was sent with insurance, tracking, and not their equivalent of USPS. That was fine with me.

I do look at what sellers are charging for shipping though before I bid on anything. I like how MyEbay shows the current price along with the shipping price.

I've sold some stuff on eBay before and always put in my listings that I will refund shipping if it costs more than I charge people. I over charged someone once by less than $1 and offered to send her a check to reimburse her. She said no thanks, but thanked me for being honest.

I did sell a jacket one time where the buyer did a BIN and then wanted it FedExed overnight. I was fine with that, but then she wanted me to pay for half of it?? It cost $40 to overnight the darn thing! She just assumed that I was making some mad profit off of her item when I really was not! If I sell stuff on eBay again and people want it FedEx Overnight, I'm going to make them pay 100% of that cost. There's no reason why they should get a 50% off deal on expedited shipping.