Exactly how do I wear Harem pants?

carousel eyes

Dec 4, 2008
Chicago
Definitely something less [like the photo], as the pants create the texture/volume you would otherwise see up top. You can always go with a pattern, but the shirt itself should be simple. You could do a cute tank top or even a long sleeved shirt.

iceehott25

O.G.
Jan 20, 2007
in my opinion, i would NOT ever wear harem pants. In a country I frequent only gypsy's are in those pants.

Mar 24, 2007
- NyC -
Since the pants have a lot of volume you want to keep the top slim and more fitted. Also wear it with heels, it'll look cleaner.

Guccigirlkells

Guccigirlkells
O.G.
May 30, 2007
NYC
Thank you all ...yes I plan on wearing it with 5 inch heels. I think I will just stick with a nice tight fitted tank top. I was trying to stray away from that since to me its sort of plain looking and I don't care too much for accessories other than my real jewelry.

lawchick

O.G.
Aug 3, 2006
CA
I agree that they should be worn with heels. I think a simple but drapey/flowy tank top would work. A fitted top is fine too. I love pairing mine with a cropped and fitted blazer and a tee underneath. When it's cold I sometimes pair my harem pants with my SWORD Volterra fitted leather jacket and a skull scarf.

IFFAH

"..."
Jan 22, 2006
I usually wear mine with a sleeveless top or a white tank top. Sometimes, I'll accessorise w/a Marni or Chanel necklace.

MichElemental

~Pandora Fanatic~
Mar 21, 2009
I wear fitted on top. A nicer tank or v-neck, sleeveless top. I wore them the other night with gold Prive Louboution peep toes and a Chanel chain belt.

Today I have them on with super tall brown Jimmy Choo brown gladiators, a simple brown tank, a stack of wooden bracelets and my usual jewelry.

I just got a pair from Anthropologie and have worn them twice. The ones I got are these:

images.anthropologie.com/is/image/Anthropologie/950018_069_b?$redesign-appcat$

http://images.anthropologie.com/is/image/Anthropologie/950018_069_b?$redesign-appcat$

You can wear it as a dress too, which looks ridiculous on me. The pants are way more voluminous than the first pic posted here. They are by Pinkerton and come in another fantastic, bolder pattern as well. :smile:

Last edited:

Guccigirlkells

Guccigirlkells
O.G.
May 30, 2007
NYC
Thanks all I acutally wore mines this weekend out to a club. The shirt was a slimple grey top with a ruffly kinda neeckline.

greygirl

Melissa
May 7, 2009
East Texas
I don't know I "Just Can't Touch" any of the replies so far. . .

hahaha. Hey if you're young enough that this is your first harem pants adventure, go for it. But I'm thinking a body-con top with all that volume on the bottom.