Ewwww! Gross!!!

Prada Psycho

Authenticator
O.G.
Jul 21, 2006
I know there is no end to how disgusting people can be, but this really grossed me out. I know it's happened before to other folks, but this was a first for me. I cashed in on the Bloomies Private Sale and ordered a Rafe Crosby that had been $550 and was $150 with all the sales/codes. It arrived yesterday nicely sealed in the plastic bag. I opened it up: there were cracker crumbs in the inside zippered compartment, make up smears on the fabric inside that compartment, ink marks all over the inside of the bag itself and something that I don't want to KNOW about on the outside of the bag. Obviously this bottomfeeder had used the bag for quite a while and returned it. Bloomies warehouse didn't catch it because she had re-wrapped it so well it looked unopened!! SICK!

I called Bloomies and once again they rocked my world. They already have a replacement on the way and a free return shipping label is in my email box. It was so disgusting to think that someone is that low that they'd do that, but more disgusting was wondering what sort of person would do that and my having to TOUCH the bag to put it back in the plastic. I must have washed my hands 5 or 6 times with hot water. :throwup:

Honestly, I hate to sound cold or arrogant or snooty, but if you freaking cannot afford a $550 bag, then for crying outloud don't order it and USE IT for who knows how long and return it filthy.

A PS to this story: if any of you guys read my thread on the MJ forum about my new bag and saw my post about the incredible woman that helped me out on my MJ fiasco you'll enjoy this: out of all the CSRs that Bloomies has covering phones SHE answered the phone yesterday! I recognized her voice instantly and asked her if she was the one. Her name is Judy, so another SHOUT OUT for Judy at Bloomies Online Customer Service. You rock Lady!! :rochard:

Yuck! That is very low. How do people like that sleep at night? They have to know that what they are doing is wrong. Glad Bloomingdales is handling the situation well, though, and that you're getting a replacement.

That's gross! That reminds me of when I use to manage a payless back in the day, and people tried returning shoes that were beyond worn out-and they wanted full credit for it! I can't stand people who do that!! Rock On to your rep! Good thing you got her again!!

That is disgusting!

This is one of the reasons most stores have tightened up the return policies. There are more than a few people out there who think stores are some kind of lending library where they can "borrow" merchandise until they are tired of it and bring it back for a full refund. I hope stores start keeping track of these customers.

Do you think this person just wanted to use it for a function or something and had no intention of keeping it - a bit like Handbag Hire!

I think the worst bit (apart from all the crap in the bag) is that they intentionally re-wrapped it back up so that it looked as if it had not been opened at all - thats deceitful!

I remember the old customerssuck.com used to have some of the most horrendous stories about people trying to return things. There was this one where an older gentleman brought in suits that were obviously old to the store wanting a refund. He even admitted that he had the suits for 10 years! His reasoning: I was a lawyer, but I retired, so I no longer need the suits! Imagine a lawyer thinking he can actually return suits he wore for 10 years! It's mind boggling!

It is unbelievable the things people do with returns. I've received a Tod's bag from NM with the corners worn, so it had to be carried quite a while for that to happen. Of course, I returned it, I didn't want a used bag at the price of a new one, even though it was discounted.