Ewww...I think I hate the Louis Vuitton agenda refills!

trumanfinn

O.G.
Jul 31, 2009
I bought the desk agenda a few months ago, and just got the refill for 2012.

I hate it! First, it's not English! LOL I mean, I can see that it's an agenda that is inclusive of different languages, but..well, I think I just prefer my planner..which is like my bible..to be in English!

The days of the week are in French first..not a big deal, but a little annoying to look at. But half of the right hand page for each week is a "notes" section, and most of them are full of writing in French and what appears to be Chinese.

I NEED my notes section, that's where I keep my life...lol..and if there has to be writing there, it's kind of weird that it's in French and Chinese. Some of them are English..

I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it. It's very pretty with the fold out maps and all, but I might have to stick with putting the big ugly mom planner in my pretty desk agenda cover. ;)

I have the agenda pm and last year when I got my refills (for 2011) they seemed different---exactly like you said---with the foreign languages added in. They should probably make three separate agenda refills - LOL! I know LV is French but it seems a little over the top and overkill, IMO. My agenda refill for 2010 wasn't like that and I mentioned it to the SA but she said it was "all they had". I've hardly used mine this year since I hate the format. Barely enough room to write anything and weird broken lines for each day.

I might be getting Hello Kitty for 2012! :biggrin:

I just took an Agenda PM to the consignment boutique today. The rings were not big enough for pages to turn easily and the paper seemed so flimsy I hated to write on the calendar pages. Least favorite LV purchase I ever made.

hey im wanting an agenda pm but im not forking that much money for some LV stickers and those little trunk tag things..... do you know if there is any other refills that is NOT hello kitty.... sorry no offence but i hate hello kitty and im not will to fork out $AUD 80 for a stack of paper, where instead i could buy several reams of A4 paper for my printer..... thanks in advance

and also so sorry to hear about the french english chinese combo you have going on ther for next years agenda refills.....

hey im wanting an agenda pm but im not forking that much money for some LV stickers and those little trunk tag things..... do you know if there is any other refills that is NOT hello kitty.... sorry no offence but i hate hello kitty and im not will to fork out $AUD 80 for a stack of paper, where instead i could buy several reams of A4 paper for my printer..... thanks in advance

and also so sorry to hear about the french english chinese combo you have going on ther for next years agenda refills.....

You may want to check out kate spade. For the non-designer route, you may want to check out FiloFax.

lol I have an lv agenda without the rings. it's just the sleeve and you slot the cover of the pages into the case cover kwim?? anyways I've had it for 4 years now and every year I go to my local dollar store get the pages in a cheap cover for $2 and chuck the cover. the pages fit perfectly in my lv cover and $2 per year works just fine for ms.

You may want to check out kate spade. For the non-designer route, you may want to check out FiloFax.

There was someone on here a while ago that loved the LV refills (but it looks like the format changed since then?) and didn't want to pay that much for a binder and used a FiloFax binder, so it sounds like FiloFax refills would fit (I don't really like the format of FiloFax either, but you might?)

There was someone on here a while ago that loved the LV refills (but it looks like the format changed since then?) and didn't want to pay that much for a binder and used a FiloFax binder, so it sounds like FiloFax refills would fit (I don't really like the format of FiloFax either, but you might?)

hey you could look at ebay... i found tonnes with themes like the hello kitty ones as well as winnie the pooh, snoopy, mickey and friends, and others plus they are really cheap and cute...

My problem is that it's the desk agenda, I'm having one heck of a time finding one that fits perfectly..they're all either a tiny bit too big or a tiny bit too small etc.. The ones that fit lengthwise are too short in the width etc...

We own a printing company, and I"m half tempted to have my husband design and print me one. In all seriousness, he could have printed the LV agenda for about $3. lol

That's lame. Are you sure they gave you the right one? One year I got the Japanese English version by mistake (Well LVs mistake). It had all these Japanese holidays. Like OP said its hard enough with the french in there to begin with. I got my BF the desk agenda but am thinking Ill just get the blank note pages this year as that's all he really uses it for... iphones and all... I switched to only notes pages for my PM a couple years ago... They're cheaper and never are outdated.

My refill is written in French with the English with it for my pocket size. Example: Janvier/January. Its not a problem for me but I have also used Filofax. I don't like them either but Kate spade is nice.

I also like the thought of being able to slip a complete journal/ planner inside the cover. My rings slip out over time but it is easily fixable. Maybe next time I will just get a little book and use the side pockets

I gave up on them long ago... too expensive & I don't actually use mine as a calendar. I became obsessed, of course, with finding a refill that actually fit though and ended up with the HK brand.
Sounds like you should definitely return this if it's not usable.