EW Readers Confess: The Movie I Walked Out On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back when we did Family Movie Nights, we went to see Pulp Fiction. My mom was drawn in by the Uma Thurman/John Travolta twist scene.

It was two violent for my parents, so we left just before what I now know was the gimp scene.

If I'm unsure about a movie, I always reassure myself that if it really sucks, I can walk out and catch something else instead. That's never happened.

My dad and I saw Sweeney Todd. I knew that it was going to be violent, but I didn't realize how graphic the violence is going to be.

My dad and I covered our eyes during the violent scenes.

The part where he was killing innocent people really got to me and my dad finally asked if I wanted to leave.

I said no so we continued to watch the movie, covering our eyes during the violent parts.

I walked out of 'The Usual Suspects' years ago! That was the only movie!

My hubby walked out of that recent one with Angelina Jolie and Matt Damon...the CIA movie.....I was close, but I stayed.

I walked out of LORD OF THE RINGS! Good god, what an annoying franchise. I hate science fiction with a passion, but I was with a very large group (more than 10 people) that were planning on seeing it, so I acquiesced. I stayed for about half an hour before I just COULD NOT take it any longer. I had no idea what anyone was talking about or what they were trying to accomplish, and more importantly, I had no desire to find out. I hated the accents, I hated the costumes, I hated that it was about freaking ELVES. Another guy walked out with me and we wandered around the mall that the theater was in (THANK GOD it was in a mall!) until everyone else was done.

I've never walked out on a movie because it sucked. I considered it though with The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. About 10 minutes in, I was SERIOUSLY considering leaving. That movie was AWFUL, and I actually loved the first 2 Mummy movies.

we walked out of 'blind date' (bruce willis movie)...don't know why we even went to see it since we were only 12!!!!
almost walked out of The Hills Have Eyes. Many people did. I love horror movies and it was too violent for me (but we stayed and i chugged a beer when we got home!).

we walked out of 'blind date' (bruce willis movie)...don't know why we even went to see it since we were only 12!!!!
almost walked out of The Hills Have Eyes. Many people did. I love horror movies and it was too violent for me (but we stayed and i chugged a beer when we got home!).
In that case, don't EVER watch The Hills Have Eyes 2. There is a completely brutal rape scene in it that bothers me to this day if I'm ever reminded of the movie. I know it's fake, but just thinking about it makes me cringe. :tdown:

We walked out on Anchorman. I love the movie now, but I was with my Mom and all the sex jokes were too much for her. She wasn't highly offended or anything, she just thought it was really stupid.

I fell asleep during Ronin. I woke up every now and then but all I remember from the movie is Robert Deniro, people smoking yellow cigarettes, and a long car chase scene.

I walked out on Sweeney Todd too. I find musicals kind of annoying. I always want to yell, "Don't break out into song, just finish the dang story!" But the violence was way too much for me also. I usually like Tim Burton movies, but there was just too much blood and too many people killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.