Evora Debate

CCmoiselleCC

Heart CC
O.G.
Jan 5, 2012
Hi Ladies!

So I am an avid Chanel lover, but for day-to-day practical use, I am always turning to my speedy and neverful. I'm making my last "big" bag purchase in the next few weeks (I need to go on a ban for a year) and am deciding on either the Damier Ebene Evora MM or a Chanel Cerf tote in black. I know they are really different bags---but I need something more for work and everyday and I think both of these could be that for me.

My issue with the Cerf is that it gets a slouchy over time and I really don't like that...My issue with the Evora is that it is a little pricey for canvas.

I would just like some advice and thoughts. I know I am in LV forum but its nice to get some opinions over here b/c I know we all cross brands :smile:

TIA!

Although I am no expert on Chanel, I do think the Evora will hold up better over time for a daily bag. Just a consideration, especially if you are on a year long ban.....HTH!

I really like the Evora as a work bag . . . but my absolutely favorite LV bag is now the Citadine PM. I've only had it for 11 days but it is just what I needed - I reminds me of my neverfull, but a bit more structured and secure with the turn lock closure. It's about the same price as the Evora and it is that amazing empreinte leather.

^^I would post a pic of the chanel cerf tote. I personally LOVE this tote and think you should for for that, evora is nice... but def too overpriced for what it is. I also find the shoulder strap awkward.

I would normally say cerf tote, but I recently saw one in Bloomingdales and I wasn't impressed, after dreaming of this bag for months when i saw it in person i didnt like it at all...it was a combination of materials and stitching, but I didn't think it was all that great.

The Evora is very well made inside and out, it feels luxurious and is very comfortable. I actually bought this bag but I returned it because it was too big for me and the strap on the buckle hurt my shoulder, I also didn't like how the two small handles wouldn't lay right while using the long strap.

So when I considered these bags for myself I chose neither :sad: I know this sounds unhelpful and both these bags could be perfect for your needs, but please try them on and take your time examining all the details, especially if this is the last bag you'll get for a while.