EVILbay/Paypal checkout

sammrox

O.G.
May 11, 2008
Cal-i-for-ny-a
So I bought my hubby something he wanted off of F&*^bay and I am "trying" to checkout thru the "new" checkout and I am trying to switch it to my credit/debit card and it keeps telling me that it can not process the request b/c it us unacceptable............WTH???? I am verified and all my info is up to date. I DON'T want to pay with my cking acct. How can I get around this??? I tried going into Paypal to switch the funds that all payments be withdrawn from will be from CC but it won't let me switch it!!!!! I am so MAD right now.

Last edited:

BeBear

Aug 4, 2007
Check the expiration date of your CC, or see if the payment goes over the CC's credit limit.

NoSnowHere

So Banned!
Feb 11, 2007
USA
I just had this happen to me. After I clicked okay, which I thought would take me to the option of changing the funding source from ck acct to cc, it had gone thru! Luckily, it all worked out with my item arriving safe n sound.

If you find out how this can be done, please post so I know in the future bc I never pay for auctions with my ck acct.

jjyounger

Judy
Feb 1, 2008
Memphis, TN
I've bought several items during the past few days and have had no problem changing my funding source. However, you may have to do this separately for each transaction. You might want to give P/P a call on this one (888-221-1161). Hope this helps! :yes:

ShimmaPuff

Sentient IMBUSILE
Oct 12, 2006
Earth
Hasn't it always been like that? I have always had to do extra clicks to pay with a credit card, since like 1846 or something.

eBay, I think, must receive a benefit if you pay with a bank account, because one of the extra screens is all about oh are you sure you want to do this? and they have stuff like the change funding source to credit card grayed out, all kinds of things to try to socially engineer you into paying with a bank account.

I haven't been on eBay for a couple of months, maybe they have increased the trickiness of it because too many of us had figured out that if we just kept clicking and ignoring their "warnings" we would eventually get to a button that would choose the credit card!