evilBay? Not so much!

mrvuitton21

Jun 3, 2009
A bit unusual transaction happened on eBay. I bought a Vuitton Leonor purse. Seller said she paid close to $3,000 for it. (is that true, their retail?) She only posted one picture and said that she cannot find a date code anywhere. There are fake Leonors out there, but it's a rare bag. Not many bidders so I took a chance on it. Two days after the end of the auction, I went to pay. Miraculously she had ALREADY SHIPPED the bag! WOW!

I tracked the package and saw that it came from a different location than of my seller. Strange. I was confused, so I didn't make the payment and just waited. Right now, it's in my city and should be delivered tomorrow.

This morning, she emailed me asking for me to make the payment. So I asked her what happened. She said she moved, that she's an "idiot" and that she shipped it thinking the payment would be automatic. I guess that's kind of understandable?? Being so new to selling, she just didn't know? I've never had that happen before. It's crazy.

I'm going to wait to check the bag out, then I will make the payment. Imagine that, try before you buy ON EBAY! I'll let you know how the bag turns out.

Where is it being shipped from?

I WOULDN'T pay until you get the package. She could be having the bag dropshipped from a fake bag supplier which is why it is coming from a different location. These fake bag suppliers are VERY fast to ship, they are really quick on their feet and if she has already paid them to ship the item to HER buyer ( you ) then, they will ship it wheather or not SHE has gotten a payment from you or not.

I would just wait until you get the bag and have it authenticated here in the authenticate this LV subforum.

Also, can you post the auction link? I wonder if the picture that she used in her listing is a stock picture from a fake bag website?

Yes, I think it is only advisable to make payment AFTER you have received the bag and have it authenticated. I have a funny feeling that the bag may be fake. Please do take the pics and post them on the authentication thread. All the best!

Her location is in CA but she said she moved to NY where it was shipped from. She's a new seller. This is the first item she sold. So I really think she just didn't know. Also she did not know the name of the bag or much about LV.

Yeah, I'm waiting to see it before paying.

Where is it being shipped from?

I WOULDN'T pay until you get the package. She could be having the bag dropshipped from a fake bag supplier which is why it is coming from a different location. These fake bag suppliers are VERY fast to ship, they are really quick on their feet and if she has already paid them to ship the item to HER buyer ( you ) then, they will ship it wheather or not SHE has gotten a payment from you or not.

I would just wait until you get the bag and have it authenticated here in the authenticate this LV subforum.

Also, can you post the auction link? I wonder if the picture that she used in her listing is a stock picture from a fake bag website?

The LV Leonor retailed around $2.6k so if you include tax then yes the price would come close to $3k. Also did you pay a resonable price for the bag and not a super low price???

Anyways I really do hope that the bag ends up being authentic! Please let us know what happens!

Last edited: