Evil to Cut?

As long as you have enough length to blow out in the wind behind you when you walk : )

I think if you just got it, maybe wait a bit, see if the long tassles grow on you, if not, cut them, it *is* your bag, and you will have the extra tassles, but if you are thinking you may resell the bag at a later time, then you would have to put the long tassles on and the buyer wouldn't get an extra set. If that is of importance.

I wish you well,

Bridget

I cut them!!!! I basically made the zipper pull ones to be 1/2 the length. So I took a tassle off, snipped it in half and then stuck one on each zipper! Then I took the front pocket tassle, cut it into the length of one third of a whole tassle. It's all perfect and happy now :biggrin: I love the shorter tassles!

Plus now I have extra spares!

I know many people (even the celebrities) knot their tassels. Before you decide to take the plunge and cut them try to tie the two tassels together at the end.

I'm reviving this thread because I was thinking about shortening or removing the tassels on one of my bags. Would that be awful? Would people think the bag is fake if it didn't have long sweeping tassels? Do any of you gals here in 2007 remove or shorten your tassels??

I was using my red first last week, I was in the bedroom and placed it on the carpeted floor, I was looking through a photo album...well I must have moved my foot and stepped on the tassle....when I grabbed down to pick it up, my foot was still on the tassle (I didn't know this) and the tassle just snapped as I pulled the bag up!!! At first i was pissed, then I realized I liked it better shorter!!!

Cut it if you like!!!

I'm reviving this thread because I was thinking about shortening or removing the tassels on one of my bags. Would that be awful? Would people think the bag is fake if it didn't have long sweeping tassels? Do any of you gals here in 2007 remove or shorten your tassels??

I don't think that the fake bags are spottable because of their tassel length. It is usually another factor. Why not have 1 short set and keep 1 long set in reserve. (I bet you that your long ones break anyway after a while - mine have.)