everything you wanted to know about straps but were afraid to ask

danae

frou frou
O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
So, in the spirit of documentation threads, here is one that I think will prove to be helpful!
Strap lengths of every bbag model! :wlae:
here are the styles I can think of, please add any new ones or ones that escaped my poor mind. I used atelier naff as the source for the ones below.
Also pics of each style being worn with the strap will really help!

• flat brass first ??
  • first 18.5"
  • shoulder 12.5"
  • mini first 18"
  • mini twiggy 18"
  • twiggy 24.5"
  • box 26.5"
  • city 24.5"
  • part time 29"
  • old flat messenger 50"
  • current flat messenger ??
  • men's day 50"
  • besace ??
  • courrier adjustable 20-24"
:supacool:

Thank you, danae! :smile: This is very helpful info for anyone who is considering getting a style they are not familiar with.
(For example, me, whenever I decide to get out of my city rut!) :P

Erica, thanks for the fbf measurement!

I'll also be good to know which of these styles can be worn messenger style. Although it depend's on each person's frame...
I am 5'7 and can wear my city messenger but it's not really comfortable. When I wear it with a boobie as a strap extension it works out ok though. :tup:

Attachments

• lilac 06 city 8.JPG
    lilac 06 city 8.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 452
  • lilac 06 city 5.JPG
    lilac 06 city 5.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 500
the handle length would be interesting too, although probably not that different on the different styles. I know people are alway curious whether they can carry the work more comfortably on their shoulder than their city the same way. I also think it's easier to carry a twiggy by the handles, they seem to be farther apart, leaving more room. Just an idea.

Well the handles are a tricky thing to document... But we can try!

The handles change a lot though. They stretch, and as the body of the bags becomes smooshier I find that even though I am not a small person I can wear the city's and twiggy's handles on the shoulder. I don't own a work but I think it's the same.

Awww my dears, stylefly and firstclass I've missed you!
Stylefly, where have you been, dude? Not cheating on Bal I hope!!!
And firstclass, we could use those gorgeous pics of yours in this thread! I hope it's not too much of a spin-off from the "wearing your bbags" thread! Just strap pics! haha! Bal s&m... ok someone stop me before I start blabbering nonsense! :shocked::heart:

Awww my dears, stylefly and firstclass I've missed you!
Stylefly, where have you been, dude? Not cheating on Bal I hope!!!
And firstclass, we could use those gorgeous pics of yours in this thread! I hope it's not too much of a spin-off from the "wearing your bbags" thread! Just strap pics! haha! Bal s&m... ok someone stop me before I start blabbering nonsense! :shocked::heart:

Oh sweet danae :wtf: I fear I can't help in this ?! The pictures 'wearing my bbags' only shows the whole bag on me, but not especially the 'straps' :nogood:- and I only have purses (without strap), 1 city and 2 days on my current collection - I'm so sorry :sad:

• flat brass first 24"

The flat brass first 1st and 2nd season straps are 24" long, whereas the 3rd season strap is 27.5" long which goes across body messenger-style quite nicely.

Here's a picture that shows what a few inches difference actually looks like, the 24" strap rests right under the bag and the 27.5" strap really hangs down:

02_black_vs_choco_firsts.jpg