Everything is coming up Chanel Pink! A journey in pictures.

SugarHazard

Jan 21, 2017
Due to some serious medical problems, it has been a rough few years.

Two years ago, a doctor told me that I wouldn't make it pass another 2 months. We didn't listen to that doctor so we kept consulting more doctors until we found one who didn't promise anything except that he will do what is necessary to give me the best odds. Because of him and a few surgeries later, I'm still here today. I'm not back to 100% yet (more like 70%) and there is no guarantee I'll ever be like I was before; but I'm still here. For that I am deeply grateful for every second of my life.

This year I get to turn 40 and I couldn't be happier! Sure there's more mileage on this body but I get to still be here for my kids and my husband.

I am grateful for everything I have but especially grateful for the chance to live my life with the ones I love.

I've learned that there are no assurances in life. So we must all enjoy whatever time we have.

This lead me back down the road to Chanel. I first purchased Chanel in 2006. The love affair continued into 2009 with Chanel Fine Jewelry. Then I got majorly side-tracked by all things Hermes for a few years. I took time away to have my babies and now that they are older, Mommy gets to go back to wearing her nice purses again.

I remembered that I always wanted a pink Chanel. So my search started. Hubby called around and found a Fuchsia Caviar Boy with LGHW. The pictures the SA texted were beautiful! I was nervous with anticipation! So much so I couldn't sleep until it flew its way to me.

IMG_0661.JPG

Unfortunately, once I opened the box, my heart fell. It is beautiful but it is not for me. The leather felt papery and harsh, the quilted diamonds were deflated and dimpled. The leather that looked so sparkly in pictures, looked dull and washed out in person.

I completely understand those who don't see what I see and love and search for this Boy but for me, It did not measure up to my 2006 Jumbo Single Classic Flap. The deal breaker was the fabric lining. Back it goes to the store to find a home with someone who will fall madly in love with it.

So Mama got serious. No more calling around and purchasing sight unseen. Time to get down to business and drag my little ones to the nearest Boutique to see these purses in person.

But.... on the way to Chanel, I stumbled upon Celine. Again. Whoops! Stingray Nano had me at, "Hey you! Over here!!!"

So I brought this baby home:

IMG_1653.JPG

Celine Nano in Smoke Shagreen.
I was beyond obsessed. It is a work of art and I felt lucky to call it mine. Exotic skins make me weak in the knees!

But still my heart ached for a pink Chanel. Just one I told myself. Maybe a WOC so I can travel with it and it'll be my pink baby and see the world with me and help me check off my bucket list!

So I asked my Hubby to search for me and he found this and this:
IMG_1942.PNG 50931199774__FE99A48B-27FC-4EB6-9396-53A77F50CEAD.JPG

Nope. No angels singing. Just liked but not loved.

Then one day, something amazing happened! I randomly called a store that just got something special in. It is Pink! It is cute! It will travel with me and be my pink Baby.

Welcome home little girl:
IMG_2094.JPG

I have no idea what it is called. I know it is from the Trendy CC line and it is a cross body that can hold your phone and credit cards (comes with 4 slots!). The tag just says "O Miscellaneous Dark Pink". It is Fuchsia Lambskin and it is lovely! :love:

A happy ending right? But how happy can she be if I didn't bring her sister home too? Introducing my Pink Chevron Smooth Calfskin 2.55 Reissue with Aged Hardware! In person, she is a medium almost coral pink.
IMG_2105.JPG

There is something else! She hides a strong bold personality under that flap.
IMG_2098.JPG
In real life it is a beautiful dark almost navy blue. And the frosting on the cake! My baby was made in France! :nuts::drool::hbeat:
I know, it doesn't matter to most people but for me, to have my dream bag be made in the country where she was designed and founded is AWESOME. Especially for her being a reissue! Love love love love a million times.

This journey has taught me that as long as I continue to fight for my life no matter how hard the days can sometimes be, to be here for my kids and my husband, my reward is being able to love, live, and to celebrate all that is beautiful in this world. And lucky me tonight everything is coming up Chanel Pink!

Thank you for following my long story and letting me share how my Pink Chanel Dreams came true.:yahoo:

Wishing all my TPF friends out there a wonderful long life full of lambskin and caviar treasures.
IMG_2104.JPGIMG_2111.JPG
And last but not least, thank you for also helping me celebrate the big 4-0, an age I was too scared to hope for but is now finally here.
Life truly is beautiful. :flowers:

IMG_2082.JPG

Last edited:
Oh hun, you've had a rough journey. Congrats on your recovery! Congrats on your lovely finds, too they really are gorgeous. I completely understand when you say there were no bells and no birds...I've sometimes had that feeling after finding something I've coveted for a long time but it not measuring up and not being "the one". I love your pinks and your celine. I always search for pink in Chanel, too; and in celine for that matter! It's been really enjoyable and heartwarming to read your story...thank you so much for sharing :heart:

Two years ago, a doctor told me that I wouldn't make it pass another 2 months. We didn't listen to that doctor so we kept consulting more doctors until we found one who didn't promise anything except that he will do what is necessary to give me the best odds. Because of him and a few surgeries later, I'm still here today. I'm not back to 100% yet (more like 70%) and there is no guarantee I'll ever be like I was before; but I'm still here. For that I am deeply grateful for every second of my life.

This year I get to turn 40 and I couldn't be happier! Sure there's more mileage on this body but I get to still be here for my kids and my husband.

I am grateful for everything I have but especially grateful for the chance to live my life with the ones I love.

I've learned that there are no assurances in life. So we must all enjoy whatever time we have.

This lead me back down the road to Chanel. I first purchased Chanel in 2006. The love affair continued into 2009 with Chanel Fine Jewelry. Then I got majorly side-tracked by all things Hermes for a few years. I took time away to have my babies and now that they are older, Mommy gets to go back to wearing her nice purses again.

I remembered that I always wanted a pink Chanel. So my search started. Hubby called around and found a Fuchsia Caviar Boy with LGHW. The pictures the SA texted were beautiful! I was nervous with anticipation! So much so I couldn't sleep until it flew its way to me.

View attachment 3616042

Unfortunately, once I opened the box, my heart fell. It is beautiful but it is not for me. The leather felt papery and harsh, the quilted diamonds were deflated and dimpled. The leather that looked so sparkly in pictures, looked dull and washed out in person.

I completely understand those who don't see what I see and love and search for this Boy but for me, It did not measure up to my 2006 Jumbo Single Classic Flap. The deal breaker was the fabric lining. Back it goes to the store to find a home with someone who will fall madly in love with it.

So Mama got serious. No more calling around and purchasing sight unseen. Time to get down to business and drag my little ones to the nearest Boutique to see these purses in person.

But.... on the way to Chanel, I stumbled upon Celine. Again. Whoops! Stingray Nano had me at, "Hey you! Over here!!!"

View attachment 3616047

I was beyond obsessed. It is a work of art and I felt lucky to call it mine. Exotic skins make me weak in the knees!

But still my heart ached for a pink Chanel. Just one I told myself. Maybe a WOC so I can travel with it and it'll be my pink baby and see the world with me and help me check off my bucket list!

View attachment 3616049 View attachment 3616051

Then one day, something amazing happened! I randomly called a store that just got something special in. It is Pink! It is cute! It will travel with me and be my pink Baby.

View attachment 3616054

I have no idea what it is called. I know it is from the Trendy CC line and it is a cross body that can hold your phone and credit cards (comes with 4 slots!). The tag just says "O Miscellaneous Dark Pink". It is Fuchsia Lambskin and it is lovely! :love:

A happy ending right? But how happy can she be if I didn't bring her sister home too? Introducing my Pink Chevron Smooth Calfskin 2.55 Reissue with Aged Hardware! In person, she is a medium almost coral pink.
View attachment 3616056

View attachment 3616057
In real life it is a beautiful dark almost navy blue. And the frosting on the cake! My baby was made in France! :nuts::drool::hbeat:
I know, it doesn't matter to most people but for me, to have my dream bag be made in the country where she was designed and founded is AWESOME. Especially for her being a reissue! Love love love love a million times.

This journey has taught me that as long as I continue to fight for my life no matter how hard the days can sometimes be, to be here for my kids and my husband, my reward is being able to love, live, and to celebrate all that is beautiful in this world. And lucky me tonight everything is coming up Chanel Pink!

Thank you for following my long story and letting me share how my Pink Chanel Dreams came true.:yahoo:

Wishing all my TPF friends out there a wonderful long life full of lambskin and caviar treasures.
View attachment 3616068View attachment 3616069
And last but not least, thank you for also helping me celebrate the big 4-0, an age I was too scared to hope for but is now finally here.

View attachment 3616072
My eyes just welled-up with tears, especially your last comment w/ the picture of your cake/dessert. Your story is very touching & humbling. I'm so happy that you found your chanel beauties that make you happy:yahoo::girlsigh:.....oh & I absolutely remember your Celine reveal (big celine fan here) Wishing you tons of joy/happiness, health & love each & every day. Thanks for sharing your story SugarHazard.:heart::flowers::hugs:

I am so sorry to hear about your medical problems and wish you all the best, hope your health will only improve from now on :hugs:.
Thank you for sharing your journey and your bags are beautiful - I especially love that 2.55 Reissue :heart:.

Thank you for sharing SugarHazard!! Thank you for reminding us how precious life is and to enjoy it with our little (or big:smile: indulgences!!!
To good health and Chanel!!![emoji847]

Wishing you continued success with your recovery back to good health!! Sounds like you've been able to get through this difficult time through the love and support of your husband and with your determination and positive outlook on life. You have much to celebrate!! Happy Birthday and enjoy your new gifts.

Last edited:
Dear SugarHazard, Thank you for sharing your beautiful bags with us as well as your real life story. Wishing you peace and health as you enjoy all of the beauty around you.....and Happy Birthday. :heart::heart::heart:

View attachment 3616042

View attachment 3616047

View attachment 3616049 View attachment 3616051

View attachment 3616054

View attachment 3616056

View attachment 3616057

View attachment 3616068View attachment 3616069

View attachment 3616072

This has to be the most touching and heartwarming post I've read on tpf. It's always about glorious over-the-top priced hand bags (which we love hehe). But u stung me with the reality of life. How precious. And how truly "no assurances in life."

Like you, I love Pink. I love Chanel. I love Celine. Esp your stingray Celine. So... I absolutely love your haul :biggrin:!!!

When it comes back to what matters though: Our loved ones.

But I'm so glad we can all be passionately united in this community... to stray away... should lemons be thrown our way :smile:.

Keep up with the sharing everyone :idea:. And best of luck SugarHazard :biggrin:, will be looking forward for more of your reveals :heart:.

Reactions: gettinpurseonal
When I read "Chanel Pink" in the Thread Title, I knew this was one not to miss. :wave: Little did I know that it would bring a lesson in life of living for today because you just never know. I'm glad you're doing better and have the joy of a wonderful family. Sure, the handbags are lovely, but your life story is the winner here. :congrats: on your 2 beautiful pink Chanel handbags. You certainly deserve them. Keep up the good work for a long & happy life. :pray:

Reactions: nikimuah and luxfun