Tech Everything iPhone! Post your questions here!

Mine is updating as I type...I have Verizon. On the list of things it changed in this upgrade,they acknowledged that the status bar change will only be for AT&T but they are fixing some things with the battery, audio being dropped, and the camera button being available all the time on the lock screen now.

Has anyone with AT&T received a txt MSG from them about data usage? I am on the "unlimited" data plan but still received two warning messages this month and last. I use a little under 4GB of data each month. This is really annoying since obviously unlimited no longer means unlimited to them.

Has anyone with AT&T received a txt MSG from them about data usage? I am on the "unlimited" data plan but still received two warning messages this month and last. I use a little under 4GB of data each month. This is really annoying since obviously unlimited no longer means unlimited to them.

Have you contacted them? What did they say?

I read a few articles previous to receiving the text that they were going to start restricting the unlimited data plan, since it was grandfathered in. I feel like its a ploy to get the unlimited customers to move to the 5GB data plan.
"ATT Free Msg: Your data usage has reached 3GB this month. Using more than 3GB in future billing cycles will result in reduced speeds. You can use Wi-Fi to help avoid reduced speeds."

I read a few articles previous to receiving the text that they were going to start restricting the unlimited data plan, since it was grandfathered in. I feel like its a ploy to get the unlimited customers to move to the 5GB data plan.
"ATT Free Msg: Your data usage has reached 3GB this month. Using more than 3GB in future billing cycles will result in reduced speeds. You can use Wi-Fi to help avoid reduced speeds."

It's obnoxious that they can do this. A man recently won a lawsuit against them, though, for throttling his data speeds:

http://mashable.com/2012/03/17/att-loses-throttling-suit/

Stupid Question coming- humor me please! LOL

I just double the amount of data available on my phone plan. It hasn't been a whole month and I am still getting texts from Verizon about my data usage, which is currently at 75%.

If I use wifi instead of 3G will that still eat up my data usage?

I have had mine 4s for less than a month-and my charger is wak! it fell apart-literlally at the connection to the large white plug-will i have to pay for a new one and if so what is cost-or should it be warranty ? help!!

Stupid Question coming- humor me please! LOL

I just double the amount of data available on my phone plan. It hasn't been a whole month and I am still getting texts from Verizon about my data usage, which is currently at 75%.

If I use wifi instead of 3G will that still eat up my data usage?

Wifi will not use data. It's probably always a good idea to use wifi when you can, since it doesn't eat up your cellular data and it's usually faster.

I have had mine 4s for less than a month-and my charger is wak! it fell apart-literlally at the connection to the large white plug-will i have to pay for a new one and if so what is cost-or should it be warranty ? help!!

If it is new and fell apart like that, my guess is Apple would probably replace it. I'd give them a call or go to the store.

I couldn't believe how fast this battery dies! I've definitely been spoiled by Android batteries.

I found this tip if anyone didn't know about it, I don't know how much it helps- but every little bit counts I'm sure esp if you don't use these features:

taken from mrmobileaustralia site

Sneaky System Services
There is a new feature in the iOS 5 update called System Services. This has features such as sending your data to Apple for their stats and information for location based ads and other services. These settings are hiding under Settings – Location Services – System Services (right down the bottom!)

Solution
Turn these ones off:
- Diagnostics and Usage (sends stats to Apple)
- Location Base iAds (on free apps that have advertising – this makes sure it is local advertising – do you ever read it anyway?
- Setting Time Zone (leave this on if you travel regularly – otherwise remember to adjust your time zone if you travel into a new one)
- Traffic (I use the traffic apps so I like the programs that use this to see where there is congestion – however turning this off will help your battery life!)