Everything Barenia Faubourg

I know it can be confusing with different leathers called similar names, but this thread is for Barenia Faubourg only.

For the original (smooth) Barenia please post here:

Reactions: mmvv22
It's a perennial discussion with no right answer. Both are great, with different looks and feeling. The standard answer is "gold is classic, more formal look, PHW more fresh and modern".
Get what you like and what will work for you. :flowers:
You're right. I thought about your comments and I went to visit my purses with a new attitude thanks to you. Some might think this is silly but I've always felt that it was a mistake to get palladium/silver hardware on my bags, I have always loved gold but being a new collector I was also intimidated to refuse an offer. So I graciously accepted a black 35 and a BF 35 with palladium but in the back of my mind I'd always wished that their hardware was gold.
Palladium has more modern feel, my husband says the black birkin 35 with palladium is the Grace Jones of all bags, the baddest ass of them all and the ultimate one to have, today I looked at the palladium hardware on the BF and on the black Birkins and I've decided I absolutely love them with no hesitation.
So get what you like you won't go wrong with either one, they're just different and they have a different vibe.

I read all 88 pages of this thread before I asked for a BF bag. I knew when I was getting myself into, but now I feel like I’m finally taking a test and I’m totally failing because I can’t remember what to do! So I believe this small stain is from the sunscreen bottle that was sitting in my beach bag with my BF bag. We were waiting for our hotel room and decided to go down to the sand first and that is why my bag and sunscreen were put together. What can I do to get the stain out? I already tried dabbing with a wet washcloth. It looks like it *may* have helped? Do I just continue doing it? 786287A0-A393-4BC8-97A2-8B64A8B2D714.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: dosanpark
I read all 88 pages of this thread before I asked for a BF bag. I knew when I was getting myself into, but now I feel like I’m finally taking a test and I’m totally failing because I can’t remember what to do! So I believe this small stain is from the sunscreen bottle that was sitting in my beach bag with my BF bag. We were waiting for our hotel room and decided to go down to the sand first and that is why my bag and sunscreen were put together. What can I do to get the stain out? I already tried dabbing with a wet washcloth. It looks like it *may* have helped? Do I just continue doing it? View attachment 5047166

It looks like it soaked up the oils from the sunscreen. Try using some cornstarch on it. Lay the bag flat and make a little mound of cornstarch to cover up the entire stain, and let it just sit. After several hours or overnight, check on it. If the stain is still there, apply another little mound of cornstarch. Continue until it’s faded as much as you think it will. I’ve let it sit for several days before. You may not be able to get all of it out entirely but hopefully you can get it to lighten significantly.

I don’t have BF but I have smooth barenia, and this is what I’ve done for mine. I’ve gotten salad dressing out, and MOST of the stains from a splatter of hot cooking oil that happened while I was wearing my Apple Watch with barenia band.

It looks like it soaked up the oils from the sunscreen. Try using some cornstarch on it. Lay the bag flat and make a little mound of cornstarch to cover up the entire stain, and let it just sit. After several hours or overnight, check on it. If the stain is still there, apply another little mound of cornstarch. Continue until it’s faded as much as you think it will. I’ve let it sit for several days before. You may not be able to get all of it out entirely but hopefully you can get it to lighten significantly.

I don’t have BF but I have smooth barenia, and this is what I’ve done for mine. I’ve gotten salad dressing out, and MOST of the stains from a splatter of hot cooking oil that happened while I was wearing my Apple Watch with barenia band.
Thank you thank you!!!

Ta-daaaaaaa!!! Does it look better? This was after applying cornstarch for an hour. Maybe I should have left it on longer. I think dabbing with wet wash clothes yesterday helped tremendously. Applying cornstarch improved it even more.
View attachment 5048312

Yay, it definitely looks better!
Agree with nymeria above - you can put some more cornstarch on and leave it for a few hours or overnight. But yes, eventually it will blend in with the rest of the patina.

Reactions: HAllDay
The stain is recent. I just got this bag, so I’m not quite ready to send it into the spa. Can Hermes spa correct this?
I asked docride about a similar issue on my bag and she suggested H spa, but I understand if the bag is new you are probably better off having a go with the cornflour. Agree with the others that it will blend in with the patina in time. Beautiful bag :loveeyes:

Ta-daaaaaaa!!! Does it look better? This was after applying cornstarch for an hour. Maybe I should have left it on longer. I think dabbing with wet wash clothes yesterday helped tremendously. Applying cornstarch improved it even more.
View attachment 5048312
Great job! I would do another round and try to leave it be for a bit longer. You will never notice or care once she starts to patina. Just an excuse to use her more!