Everything about Ulysse - sizes, colors, leathers, inserts / refills ...

Oh I just love the Ulysse universel. It would be a perfect companion for my hobo five year diary.
Do you know if it comes with pm size? The ones I found online, very few, are all mm/a5 size.

Oh I just love the Ulysse universel. It would be a perfect companion for my hobo five year diary.
Do you know if it comes with pm size? The ones I found online, very few, are all mm/a5 size.
The Ulysse Universel fits Hobonichi plain notebook or Avec Cousin, any A5 notebook that’s isn’t too thick. Stalogy 1/2 year fits too but it doesn’t fit Hobo 5 year diary.

Reactions: Regulus Goodfellowi
Visited the boutique yesterday and, as anticipated, I came back home with a CDC 24 in Ombre Lizard! I am so excited since it is my first exotic piece from H, hopefully I will manage to add many more :angel:
I also bought a Ulysse MM in super classic orange, to motivate me into studying for an upcoming business conference… Hope it works :facepalm:
thanks for letting me share!
OMG the ombre lizard is so pretty!!!! congrats in scoring this piece. :biggrin:

Love the orange, a colour which I dont see often when I was searching for a notebook cover. Just wondering if MM is the biggest size or they come in GM too?

OMG the ombre lizard is so pretty!!!! congrats in scoring this piece. :biggrin:

Love the orange, a colour which I dont see often when I was searching for a notebook cover. Just wondering if MM is the biggest size or they come in GM too?
Hi @moi.shopaholic.dory, thank you so much for your kind words, I also love my lizard to pieces!

As per the Ulysse, my educated guess is that they also come in GM size, even though my SA told me that she has not seen one in a very long time (in any color, not just orange). perhaps people don’t write anymore by hand? lol I did not find my MM straight away, my SA had to reserve one for me…

I also think it's a good idea to have both one in MM and one in GM size, cause the GM seems very luxurious but at the same time is considerably heavier than the MM, so perhaps not the best to carry around...

Good luck with your search, I am sure your SA will be able to source one (or more) for you! :angel:

Gorgeous! What do you use them all for lol.

The pink one at the front, is that the newer style with the slip pockets inside? Do you prefer this style?
I’m just reading this sorry for the delay. I journal a lot. I use the large Etoupe for work and the PM green for sorority meeting notes)

Two are used as calendars (one is the pink in front). However, it’s easier to use my phone calendar since meeting and appointments are always moving.

The smaller ones are used to jot notes down while I am out. So I keep them in a handbag if it is large enough for my vehicle.

I have other notebooks m/binders too from other brands, LV and one Goyard. My LV notebooks are slimmer and don’t take up much space.

Hope this helps.

I’ve been trying to find bright colors in the MM Ulysse cover to no avail! In the USA
I just managed to get an Ulysse Nèo MM Blue Hydra in Togo. Was told it was the only one in the US. Try in February 2023 at your nearest shop to see if new stock is in.

It is a hard color to photograph because it changes with the light and shadows constantly, like moving water. In daylight BH is extremely vibrant, almost like earth’s atmosphere thin blue line. At night it’s more like looking at the Great Lakes on a sunny day from the sky.

Below for color contrast:

*Ulysse MM Gris Tourterelle in Togo
**Tarmac PH Blue Royal in Epsom
***Tarmac PH Indigo in Swift

C5E0B647-8B09-488A-A028-96A28BDA5AD9.jpeg

59D106D5-5C7C-4891-AD8E-267BB0089072.jpeg

4E854C75-E48A-42AC-B920-B7EC6BEC4B2E.jpeg

F7EA2A4B-A909-45BD-970D-6E852790ACC4.jpeg

3A74F4D0-629B-4B18-A70A-FD0415C846C3.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi all! I just got a used Hermes Ulysse MM Notebook and I am looking for the snap ruler/binder part so I can put in another 16-ring notebook rather than spend $75 for the Hermes refill.

Does anyone know where I could get one? I don't need the paper just the snap ruler/binder part. I looked for used MM refills and I tried using all sorts of different keywords in my search but can't find the Hermes snap ruler/binder piece to fit in my Ulysse.

Thank you in advance!