everyone owning the same bag..

Speedy is the most classic bag of LV, definitely a lot of people would have one. Nowadays I see more people carrying the neverfull thou. In the late 80s - 90s everyone was carrying the Noe. Those were the days! Seriously, I don't think you should be so bothered about it, as long as you love the bag then it should be the only thing that matters.

If I really really love the bag I personally wouldn't care if a lot of other people have it. Just the other day at the mall I saw three people with the Beverly MM...and I wasn't even carrying mine! When buying a new bag now though, I take into how "unique" it is into consideration. I have $1500 to spend on anything I want right now, and I was going to get Speedy twins (Damier and Damier Azur) but I don't LOVE the bags and almost 80% of the time when I see someone here with an LV, it's a Speedy! So, I scratched that idea off my list.

Speedys are classic, versatile bags so of course you'll see many people with them. If you love it don't worry about it, but you can always make yours different with an accessory. I put pastilles on mine for that very reason.

The Damier Speedy is very worth getting because it's still not as common as the Mono. But if everyone and their mamas own one - it just makes it more special that all of you has the same great taste and style.

I feel that way about the Monogram Speedy 30. So I bought the Mirage Speedy. Haven't seen anyone with "my" bag....it sounds like it DOES bother you that others have the same one....in that case, get something YOU find uniue for yourself....

I think, if it's so popular, then it must be a really good bag. There must be a reason so many people love theirs, right? It's a classic. It's cute, functional, affordable & low-maintenace from my observations. :tup:

I must admit it kinda bothers me as well, though. Every brand has a trademark "popular everyone & their mamas got one" style. But they have other types as well, which is what I personally go for. :yes: If it bothers you that much, then maybe try the other styles.? For instance, I love Chanel but wouldn't consider getting a Cambon since I see so many [a majority being fake, though! :throwup:].

I don't care if "everyone" else has the same bag as I do...as long as they aren't carrying fakes it doesn't bother me! In fact, I love it when I see another woman carrying the same bag as I am and it is also authentic!

If you want to get a speedy but want to see less people to have, I guess you can try getting the seasonal speedys or special order speedy (alligator! HUMMM...)

I know how you feel about so many people carrying the same bag, which is why I usually try to buy things that not many people have. At least that way you can feel a bit special you know what I mean? :P

Aaawww... I think it's cute to see a row of Speedies!

I've got a Damier Speedy 25. It's my food shopping bag. Anyway, none of my friends have any LV. Only my hubby has one as I bought one for him.