Everyone is using LV

Nlvfan

Oct 18, 2010
mylilventure.com
I hope I don't sound petty but I went to my daughter's graduation today and one third of the parents were using LV, the rest were carrying Gucci and Coach.

I used to think LV was a premier designer brand (still do!) but seeing so many people carrying LV in a crowd of 200-300 people, it kinds of make me "lost that loving feeling":P if you get what I mean. Seems like when I can afford to own one, so does everyone else. :pout: Do you guys ever feel that way? Does it make you want to switch to some other designer brands?

4Elegance

O.G.
Dec 6, 2009
WHO DAT NATION
I think that more people are sporting LV but that just happens to any great brand. It happened to Coach, it happened to Gucci, and in my area I am seeing it happen with Tory Burch as well. I think it is a good idea just to buy what you love and it won't matter so much.

Nlvfan

Oct 18, 2010
mylilventure.com
I think that more people are sporting LV but that just happens to any great brand. It happened to Coach, it happened to Gucci, and in my area I am seeing it happen with Tory Burch as well. I think it is a good idea just to buy what you love and it won't matter so much.

You are right, of course. Budget aside, I think LV also has more designs that I love compared to other brands

Yikkie

Avid Purse Lover!
O.G.
May 26, 2008
A sunny, happy place!
^^^Agree. It's not just the price point, but the overall popularity as well. But if I love a particular style and it looks good on me, I am not really that bothered by the fact that a lot of others carry the same bag. I do, however, consciously look for ways to "differentiate" e.g. going for the LE/discontinued pieces (some of which I absolutely adore) and using bag charms.

chinchin_lim

hopelessLVaddict
O.G.
Jan 23, 2008
Lv is common here too. I usually would go for LE thinking that I will have lesser chance of bumping into a stranger with a same bag... Believe or not, I still found myself staring at a stranger framed watercolour speedy when I had mine. Same thing happened with a couple of other LE. It is dreadfully common.

sally.m

O.G.
Apr 14, 2008
UK
I am faily lucky - i can go more than a week without seeing someone carrying another LV. Prehaps i dont get out enough!!!!

heychar

❤️
O.G.
Sep 16, 2008
England
I hope I don't sound petty but I went to my daughter's graduation today and one third of the parents were using LV, the rest were carrying Gucci and Coach.

I used to think LV was a premier designer brand (still do!) but seeing so many people carrying LV in a crowd of 200-300 people, it kinds of make me "lost that loving feeling":P if you get what I mean. Seems like when I can afford to own one, so does everyone else. :pout: Do you guys ever feel that way? Does it make you want to switch to some other designer brands?
Up until about a 6 months to a year ago i'd hardly see an LV where I live but now I go into the city centre and I see 10-20 of them in one shopping trip! I think 2011 will be my last year of buying LV

znzngo

O.G.
Sep 14, 2010
LV are some what common in my area too but it does not bother me...I do agree with Yikkie I luv adding charms,scarf or let my key pouch hang outside it gives it a character :smile:

jen_sparro

Jen
O.G.
Mar 27, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
LV is pretty common where I am (particularly-speedies, neverfulls and gallerias). But I honestly don't get this whole 'oh if everyone's using it then I don't like it anymore' feeling. I've seen so many threads regarding this topic. If you really like the brand for itself- quality, timelessness etc. you wouldn't care if every man and his dog had one...
It seems alittle petty and elitist... but I can understand, LV is overexposed at the moment. However I personally quite like seeing others with LV, I feel like I'm part of a club lucky enough to own LV. I always smile at someone who I see with an LV and they usually smile back, it's a connection between total strangers. If you love the bag wear it... it's your bag, unique to you. Just like the parent across the room has her bag unique to her.

Sorry for the mini-rant. I don't mean to accuse you or anyone else of being petty etc. But there are almost seven billion people in the world, we (LV owners) are but a small drop in the ocean ;)

Last edited:

scaredycat

O.G.
Jun 15, 2009
BC, Canada
I don't see many LVs where I live. BCBG is the only "designer" store in our mall,
and it never fails, everytime I pop in there, it's almost a guaranteed LV/designer bag sighting :biggrin: The other day I was carrying my mono speedy 25, and another girl was sporting her 30. I've seen a Trevi, MC Alma, Saleya GM and Damier NF just while shopping there. I've also seen a Bal City and Chanel GST. I should go there more often! :biggrin:

Oct 1, 2009
In my handbags
LV is pretty common where I am (particularly-speedies, neverfulls and gallerias). But I honestly don't get this whole 'oh if everyone's using it then I don't like it anymore' feeling. I've seen so many threads regarding this topic. If you really like the brand for itself- quality, timelessness etc. you wouldn't care if every man and his dog had one...
It seems alittle petty and elitist... but I can understand, LV is overexposed at the moment. However I personally quite like seeing others with LV, I feel like I'm part of a club lucky enough to own LV. I always smile at someone who I see with an LV and they usually smile back, it's a connection between total strangers. If you love the bag wear it... it's your bag, unique to you. Just like the parent across the room has her bag unique to her.

Sorry for the mini-rant. I don't mean to accuse you or anyone else of being petty etc. But there are almost seven billion people in the world, we (LV owners) are but a small drop in the ocean ;)
I agree .. Lets wear our bags and be proud..
I am a sucessfull business owner and I love the hard earned money I spend on these bags..I dont care how many people have the same bag especially here in NYC.. I work hard enough and will always enjoy my rewards (LV).. HEY LOOK AT IT THIS WAY ATLEAST WE ALL HAVE great taste ..LOL

Jelly Belly

Sep 20, 2010
T.O

^^ Well said!:tup: